Getting back into car audio... Need some help with my box

Participant count
  • Participant list

ladi3sman55
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First off I have been out of car audio for a few years now. I recently bought a 96 Yukon and finally have more room than what i did in my neon! Anyways Ive never had this much room to work with and would like some help designing a box. I have some dimensions and a few ideas for what i want to do but not sure how they will work out.

First off i have roughly 22 cuft of room to work with (leaving me with room to see behind me and room for misc crap and groceries) I have a single Mach 5 Audio SPL-15 that will see ~1000 watts from my Cadence Daytona amp. Im looking to get low but still decently loud. Probably going to tune around 30hz.

I guess my question is how big should i make the box? Should I utilize all 22 cuft or is that just over kill for what I'll be doing? I'm not looking to change my sub/amp setup (unless someone wants to trade my 15 for something?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.