get louder

My mids feel weak to me too. I have MB Quart QSD 213's which are 5.25 comps. I think it is because the tweets are up high, while the mids are in the door poorly facing directly to the side, instead of being out and up a bit. I've already reduced the input to the tweets from the crossovers, then I mad some more success by adjusting the HPF high pass filter to allow a bit lower frequency through.

For my case, it might just be the nature of 5.25", paired with a 12 sub. I also like my sub volume up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i currently have pg rsd 6.5's on a alpine 250.2, and its loud but just doesent do it for me. i want it overall louder. should i add in a rear fill maybe? or speakers on rear deck?
My mids feel weak to me too. I have MB Quart QSD 213's which are 5.25 comps. I think it is because the tweets are up high, while the mids are in the door poorly facing directly to the side, instead of being out and up a bit. I've already reduced the input to the tweets from the crossovers, then I mad some more success by adjusting the HPF high pass filter to allow a bit lower frequency through.
For my case, it might just be the nature of 5.25", paired with a 12 sub. I also like my sub volume up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sounds like you would both benefit from going to a 3-way front stage with dedicated midbass drivers. This would give you more midbass output (obviously), AND allow you to set the HPF on your mids higher, in turn allowing them to sustain higher output levels without causing them any damage.

When discussing a bandpassed speaker like a mid, the HPF setting greatly affects power handling, which obviously is a big factor in perceived intensity.

i just found a hifonics 4ch amp 6408 in storage. im very low budget, any suggestions on what to do? i want to keep it as stock as possible, becuase im selling the car in a year or two probabbly.

A year or two? A lot of people around here would go through 3 or 4 systems in that span of time. lol

I dunno, without looking up those amp specs, bridge the four channel and gain down the output till just below the level that would melt your voice coils...? Or you could deaden your doors. You could drive with your feet, and your head pressed down against the speaker. Start wearing a hearing aid? Just spitballing ideas here.

i do change alot, im saying i dont want to cut up my door panels is what i meant. kk ill prob throw a set in the rear doors just for loud sake

few things

1. Adding rear fill will not only not make it louder up front but it will pull sound to the rear if they are even a little louder..

2. Either add more speakers up front or do as the one guy said and go 3 way..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.