General question about Ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

FlexIt

Jihad Hunter
Ok, I have 2 Rockford Fosgate D4 HX2's, 1000 rms a piece

Because of the wiring:

Do I need a amp that is it 2000 rms at 4 ohm to get optimal power and full potential?

Or if I find a amp that is 2000 rms at 2 ohm could I do that? Or am I going to encounter a issue and burn out the vc's?

Ohmage messes me up so Im asking before I destroy these subs.

The regular hx2's are rated at 150-500 watts rms. So I recommend finding an amp that can do 1000 watts rms @1ohm. When wiring the subs simply bridge all of the +'s and -'S together to achieve this.

everything i have been reading on the rf page other users are saying they put on average 800rms to them each. i found a amp that puts out 2000 rms at 2 ohm, now i just need to know how do i wire the subs to make them 2 ohm ?

scratch that, i just caught myself in an oops..... i meant to say 1k@4ohms, not 2. a 2k would run 1k through each winding, which you want 500per winding. check that amo you found to see if it's rated 1k@4. you can series the coils and be good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.