General audio help.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Burner1061

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just got a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab with the stock 6x9" speakers and 1" tweeters in the front and 6.5" speakers in the back. I was going to get this box: https://www.soundoffaudio.com/2005-2009-toyota-tacoma-extended-access-cab-single-8-sub-box/ and this speaker: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081S52Y1W/?tag=caraudiocom-20. If there's something you think I should get instead please let me know.

I'm going to upgrade the head unit to bring it to the 2020s with a touchscreen and Android Auto. What do I need to look for to make sure the subwoofer I want will work? I see preamp and stuff and I don't know what it means. This is what I'm looking at https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462250/Touchscreen-Radios.html.

So the speakers would plug into the head unit? And the amp would plug into the head unit, and then to the sub right? What amp would I need?

Also, there's not a lot of buttons on the steering wheel, but would I be able to make those work?

I'll upgrade the stock speakers eventually but if I get this far that should be easy.

If you make it this far thank you. I'm a noob who needs some help. I really hope I get some replies.

The sub and box will not work well together. The box has a 0.35 cubic foot of space while the sub requires a minimal of 0.41 cubuc foot. Match that parameter for a sealed enclosure and you should be ok.
As for radio, you pretty much have chosen what you want, Android/BT. For connection you need an radio harness for your specific vehicle. Crutchfield customer service reps are very helpful. They will tell you what will work with your steering controls and resolve any hiccups along the way.
Your radio connects to the speakers via that harness. An amplifier will be needed to power your subwoofer. I suggest an 4awg amp install kit. It comes with all you need. It will plug into the SUB output RCAs on the radio's back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.