Gawt **** rpm noise

I used to have a high pitched squeeling sound that only happened when during the winter when my vehicle was cold. Increased and decreased with engine rpms. Turned out to be a bad rca wire because I could turn the rca end plugged into the amplifier and it stopped and replaced them and it quit altogether.

the hum is the most disturbing thing i think my car will keep the radio and stuff on untill you open door, but when u turn the car off it stops making the rpm noise durr but this hum continues on sounds like feed back like when u plug a wire into an guitar amp and you touch the other end

check grounds and remount factory grounds. if not then you suffer from what most cobalt, ion, and hhr owners suffer from. worst case scenario, use a ground loop isolator.

what do they suffer from and your saying to make a new groud instead of using the ground that is in the wire harness

coaxials. I verified the system off and car not running and still got the humm. my speakers aren't on any metal. they sit in plastic honda baffles is why i dunno why it does it still.

un plug the RCA's from your amplifier. Turn it on

Noise goes away, problem is in the HU or RCA's. Noise doesn't go away, redo your amplifier ground.

Plug RCAs into amp, unplug RCAs from your head unit. Noise goes away: Problem in head unit or head unit ground. Noise doesn't go away, problem in the RCAs.

well it shouldnt be amplifier ground my battery is in the trunk(stock) and thats where my ground is back to the battery

well tryd the suggestion of an ipod directly to the amp no sound so this narrows down to the headunit now so my next route is to find a better ground for the headunit will do that tomorrow

on a plus note got my aeroforce interceptor scan gauge in and installed its pretty neat tons of info from it i love it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.