fwb_1234 and SeanDub's dd9917 box

Alright, so we have an update, as promised.

Here some pics.

We painted the port area.

My cousin dropped by (He's painting in the last pic. Here's his system.

Here is a pic of the upside from of the upside down, drying box.

Back. Look at our terminal cups. We set the wood on fire with the hole drill.

Our double-baffle top. Thats a hand jigged hole both times.

That's about it for now. We might put the top on, we'll see.

Hey I've got some more pics. The site was down for a while for me, so I couldn't post, but here they are:

Here is the dowel we put in for bracing. Also pay attention to the angle pieces.

We put the box in Sean's car and placed the baffles on top. He can't use the rearvew anymore.

Here's another one, but with the hatch closed.

That's it. We hope to get it all done tomorrow.

I've got some finished pics of the box. We finished a couple of weekends ago, but I'm just now getting around to doing this. So .. here ya go.

This is the final box, sanded and ready for whatever he is going to do to it. The lighting really brings out the imperfections. The top baffles are rounded around the edges if you can't tell.

Here's a pic of the inside. As you can see we wrote the date and out names and such. We might have screwed up by buying silicone caulk, as the paint didn't stick. Maybe some oil-based paint might have worked, but we didn't have any, so we just stuck alot on.

Here's a close-up of our dilemma. What do you guys do?

Here are a few pics to put it in perspective. That's a size 12 or 13 shoe.

What do you think for a first box?

Yeah, we were using some very rudimentary technology - like string, nail, and a jigsaw. We also had no idea how big the cutout should have been. We measured the subwoofer a couple of ways and then took the smallest measurement.

Yeah, we were using some very rudimentary technology - like string, nail, and a jigsaw. We also had no idea how big the cutout should have been. We measured the subwoofer a couple of ways and then took the smallest measurement.
Measure the circumfrence, divide by pi, then divide by 2, that will give you the radius //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

How the f*ck do you mess up on the Jig that bad? I have like a 1975 black and decker Jig Saw that takes about 5 minutes to cut a hole for a 12" and it usually comes out looking about as good as a router job once sanded......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fwb_1234

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
fwb_1234
Greenville, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date