Future project planning questions! 4 hdc3 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

dillan_
10+ year member

Alright so I'm thinking about buying my parents 2000 4runner but I have a major dilemma.. I will (in the coming months) be getting three more hdc3 18 which will put me at 4.. I just want to know what the smallest total cubic feet I could have for a box (not a wall, a subwoofer firing upwards and port firing backwards box). Because if these don't fit, I'm gonna buy a bigger suv. I don't need box plans per say just general information like how close to the roof is too close and also how close to the rear hatch is too close for the square port that I plan to have rear firing.. Thanks for any help!

Well I know that ill need multiple alternators and at least four batteries in the back. And two aq 3500.1s. 1/0 gauge power and ground wire and the big 3 upgrade and sound deadener out the a$$. And anything Im not quite sure about I can ask my local audio shop, a fourm like this or my electrician/carpenter father.

thanks for your concerns though.

Like 3-4 runs of 1/0, doubled mdf all over, kind of a crazy first time build, if you do do this find a person with experience in this so you dont waste the 1.5+grand youll be dropping for it to bd good.

Yeah its gonna be a big ordeal when the time does come. But the post was more directed towards the question of will four of those things fit? That being said I might even start with two and then go to four. But as long as four of these will fit then I know this is the vehicle that I will use for my project.. ya know? Im highly considering going all out seeing as how that would save me money in the long run on only making one box instead of two.. but we'll see how that turns out.. but I have been facinated by these 18 inch woofers ever sence I stumbled upon exo and steve meade on youtube and ordered my first one recently its what im running in my f150 now and I love it. But it wont pull a hair trick and that's a problem haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.