Fuses keep blowing!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LHSroller
10+ year member

Welch
Hey, before I start...I want to say one thing...in-line circuit breakers are WAY better than inline fuse holders! Ok, so I install my new Visonik 1800 watt digital amp...I figure it doesnt put out that much so I install a 100 amp inline circuit breaker. Now, my fuses blow on the amp, ONCE, so I said "big deal" and I put new fuses in. But everytime I put new fuses in and turn on my HU and give power to the amp...all 4 fuses FRY! The circuit breaker doesnt trip, so how does 120 amps worth of fuses blow and not the 100 amp breaker? any ideas what could be going on...I checked my ground, its solid. I also checked that my speaker wires arent crossed, and all the connections on my subs are tight!

System=

Pioneer 1.5DIN HU

Stock Amplified Infinity System

Visonik 1800 Class X Digital Amp

Visonik 10" Triple Bandpass

any clues? cuz poppin fuses in just to blow is no fun, good thing for a discount at the local hardware store...oh well, they will get more fuses in next week!

I disconnected my RCA and speaker outputs...popped in new fuses and BAM! they blew...I dont know what to do. Should I contact visonik about my warranty even though I bought it off ebay? Because my wiring was tight...my gain was low, and I wasnt pounding...I dont know what went wrong besides the amp being bunk!

Originally posted by LHSroller I disconnected my RCA and speaker outputs...popped in new fuses and BAM! they blew...I dont know what to do. Should I contact visonik about my warranty even though I bought it off ebay? Because my wiring was tight...my gain was low, and I wasnt pounding...I dont know what went wrong besides the amp being bunk!
Yes if your AMP blew fuses in that test then it's fried. Some e-bay sellers take returns you should contact them to see if they do. If not call visonik and ask about the warranty terms. Meaning if you bought it online will they still accept the warranty. OR just ask visonik where to send the amp and make copies of the sales info you have on the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.