FunkyWaves Neo 8" Proto Subwoofer

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
Custom proto neo 8"

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Sitting at IA, saturated and ready to go.

Item is mint as it can be being one of it's kind. Huge neo motor capable of near limitless excursion. Basket and motor are both custom tooled, basket can be modded for many options as well. Pretty rare softparts with the adire coil, I hate to part with this really.. but I simply have no use for it.

As it sits:

- With spacers between the top assembly and motor .. excursion potential is nearly limitless

- a .5" spacer would allow for 2" rearward clearance

- has a 7.5" spider landing and 8" can be modded to work.

- can be reconed for a 3" p-p, the basket can fit a 4" coil and can be tooled to fit most any motor.

- rms on the Adire Audio tumult 3" coil is roughly 600-750rms, it's internally seriesed to 8 ohm but can be changed back to dual 4 with a simple cut of the wires.

trades:

looking for a decent doubledin unit maybe... small mono amp, just make offers. Cash is always nice too.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

this will need to be discussed between the buyer and IA after they purchase. Shouldn't be much though, it's neo and thus lightweight.

Item Pictures:

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Refs:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/394977-thelow-feedback-thread.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/291852-thelow-feedback-thread.html

hrm... don't really have much a use for that is the problem. Only like along those lines that i'd be remotely interested in would be something like a maxxlink/kove audio ka-6 line driver and things of that nature.

Thanks for remembering it, always cool to see people whom have interest in some of my rarer stuff I have.

It's one of the few subs that stayed in my mind forever. Lots of work into that sub, not just mechanically, but aesthetically, and definitely a keeper. Only thing I have resembling a line driver is this:
Cadence Acoustics CVL Series CVL-2XR

Crossover with line driver and time alignment. But I don't think it's anywhere close to what your needing. I just wanted to mention it before Payton gets in here and takes it off your hands, lol
@Bettr n&\#39; Revrse ;

[quote name='Joseph7195']It's one of the few subs that stayed in my mind forever. Lots of work into that sub, not just mechanically, but aesthetically, and definitely a keeper. Only thing I have resembling a line driver is this:
Cadence Acoustics CVL Series CVL-2XR

Crossover with line driver and time alignment. But I don't think it's anywhere close to what your needing. I just wanted to mention it before Payton gets in here and takes it off your hands, lol
@Bettr n&\#39; Revrse ;[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir I may have to have this... PM me OP!

My Big White Buffalo
you don't say... lol, I pm'd him last night on iphone and got a number but no way to txt where I live due to signal. Resent another pm asking if interested in the sub but no response from him after that man.

Kent is going to be picking it up though I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...