Fu#$in Thieves!

RSTsilverado
10+ year member

DFW, TX
I came out of chili's after lunch and i click the unlock button on my remote and i hear my alarm beep four times(means it went off) and i'm like oh ****. Well i walk up and open the door and my head unit is missing. Whoever stole it was a professional because they didn't break my window or my dash. Also they did it in the middle of chili's parking lot in broad daylight so they must have been in and out fast. Luckily they left my center console, my w7, and both my amps alone. I'm pissed off but it could have been a lot worse. My carbon fiber dash is not broken, they didn't break my window and the rest of my expensive audio is still there. I know am a firm believer that car alarms don't do ****. If i would have had one with a pager then maybe it wouldve payed off but if they want to get it they are gonna get it. Here's a pic:

stolenstereo.jpg

Now the search for a new headunit begins..

i wonder y u didnt hear tha alarm, and if it has a display remote like my viper does it would tell me what door was broken into what windows are broken etc.....y didnt it notify you??? thats plain weird...you are lucky they didnt take more tho.. and they didnt do more damage

**** man, sorry to hear it. You can do what I did and stick 8 mini piezos under the dash. They won't have enough time to steal your **** unless they like to bleed from the ears.

Yea i don't know how i didn't hear the alarm either... I wasn't too far from my truck. My alarm doesn't have a display though but im pretty sure they got in from the passenger side because my window made a scratching sound that it didnt use to make when i rolled it down on the way home.

****, that *****, I wish professional thieves would have stolen mine, they broke my window:crying: . Then they took my DVD player, but not the hide-away unit, so we both ended up screwed in the deal because neither of us could do it, f'in amateurs. That ***** though, does insurance cover that type of stuff in Texas?

dam bro that really *****..

How did u mount your headunit into your dash? Did u use the metal bra with it? or you removed the metal bra and screwed it in tightly?

That's why u should own a 2way pager alarm ;p

****, that *****, I wish professional thieves would have stolen mine, they broke my window:crying: . Then they took my DVD player, but not the hide-away unit, so we both ended up screwed in the deal because neither of us could do it, f'in amateurs. That ***** though, does insurance cover that type of stuff in Texas?
It doesnt matter what state you live in. What matters is that you tell your insurance company about what is in your truck pre-break in. Then you pay the deductable.

alarms aren't going to prevent thieves. if they want it bad enough, they'll get it. alarms are there just to try to draw attention to the vehicle...but these days car alarms go off all the time for no reason so most people blow it off as nothing...thats when you wire up some loud ass sirens to your alarm...it'll draw LOTS of attention then

Get this, My old auto insurance doesn't cover anything "aftermarket". I had to file a claim with my homeowners insurance. The only cool thing was I had no deductable on my HOI and they paid for everything plus more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RSTsilverado

10+ year member
RSTsilverado
DFW, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from