SOLD FS: Power Acoustik 4ch 1200watt Amp

thakid22
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

FS: Power Acoustik 4ch 1200watt Amp

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This is a 1200 watt, 4 channel amp. Great Bass. Terrific volume, Clarity is nice too.

It is used, but in excellent condition. Here are some stats from the manufacturer:

# 1200W Max, Power Series 4-Channel Amplifier

# RMS Power Output:

* 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 channels

* 2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 channels

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 channels

# PWM MOSFET power supply

# High or low level inputs with floating ground

# Variable low-pass crossover (40-120 Hz)

# Variable high-pass crossover (150-1,500 Hz)

# Variable 18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz

# Tri-Mode capable

# 3-Way protection circuit

# Platinum-plated RCA terminals

# RCA preamp outputs

# Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 30,000 Hz

# Dimensions: 13"L x 11-3/10"W x 2"H

Price:

$60 Paypal. I am paypal verified. You can check here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=HondaTrendz%40yahoo%2ecom

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

No charge for shipping.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

DSC01734.jpg
DSC01742.jpg

DSC01739.jpg
DSC01740.jpg

DSC01728.jpg
DSC01741.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 250 W x 4

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 100 W x 4
I have a question about the power. Given that in the automotive world you can make about 100w with 10 amps of power on 12 volts @ 75% efficiency, how does it do 1000w RMS with a 50a worth of fusing? Can you guarantee this power output if i buy the amp?

I have a question about the power. Given that in the automotive world you can make about 100w with 10 amps of power on 12 volts @ 75% efficiency, how does it do 1000w RMS with a 50a worth of fusing? Can you guarantee this power output if i buy the amp?
don't bust his balls, he just got the numbers wrong, it is rated at 125x4 @ 2ohms

i got the "sub" amp from this line. rated at 280x2 at 2 and get to about 250 before any audible difference. run it on a pair of infinity 10's in a .75 sealed box each sub and it sounds great. not the best amps but for 60 bucks that thing will put out 80watts at 2 ohm at least. if not 100.

This might be a repost... but I don't think it posted the first time... I think it was being flagged for moderator review, because I included a link. This is a try with no link. PM me if you need the link I was trying to give.

BradButlerNC,

I am relatively new to aftermarket car audio. That being so I can't tell (nor guarantee) if this amp under or over performs according to it's specs. Was there something fishy with the specs? I copy and pasted them from a vendor website. Let me locate some more accurate info:

Sonic electronics had these specs and more, listed. So go buy and check it out.

THere are a couple of reviews too.

# 1200W Max, Power Series 4-Channel Amplifier

# RMS Power Output:

* 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 channels

* 2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 channels

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 channels

# PWM MOSFET power supply

# High or low level inputs with floating ground

# Variable low-pass crossover (40-120 Hz)

# Variable high-pass crossover (150-1,500 Hz)

# Variable 18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz

# Tri-Mode capable

# 3-Way protection circuit

# Platinum-plated RCA terminals

# RCA preamp outputs

# Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 30,000 Hz

# Dimensions: 13"L x 11-3/10"W x 2"H

Being so new to car audio, I did lot's of reading/research before I bought it. Never once did I come across a comment about the amp not performing up to par.

In fact the recurring sentiment was that this was a strong amp, that far outperformed it's price. I don't have much to compare it to, but this amp provided more than enough power and clarity to power my Blaupunkt speakers. 2tweets, 2 6.5's, and 2 6x9. 6 total. Even with the gain down low, the amp produced killer sound. I had the sensation that I had way more amp than speaker.

Volume, Bass, Clarity and Accuracy were not a problem.

Check some reviews of this model out, and you'll find what I did. Very few (if any) concerns about it's power, and lot's of satisfied users.

If you need more info from me let me know. I look forward to doing business with you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.