FS: Mac OS X Leopard

rmdl51
10+ year member

White_Shadow
Hello! I have for sale the Operating System Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5, this Disc is single DVD disc and does not come with any serial key for registration, I sold some of this on ebay and after they got it, I asked them if they needed any serial # and they said it never prompts for a serial number, this Disc was for a hardware bundle, however I don’t think it’s for a single hardware package as the buyers have told me to have installed on macbooks and iMac systems without a problem.

I explain this to you because I can’t give any warranty on the disc because I don’t have any Mac on my hands to test it, and if I give you warranty it’s very easy lo load up the software and then say “oh, it did not work on my system I want my money back” when it actually load up perfectly, so my promise is that it’s brand new and sealed, never used, everything else it’s up to you to check for compatibility or any other issues, if you have a Mac and you know how this works, you’ll know exactly if this is what you are looking for or not.

How I got this? I bought one Disc on a Local swap meet to load up on a Mac I had, however I sold the Mac without having the chance to install on it, so I decided to sell my Disc Mac OS X Leopard on ebay, since it sold for a good amount and I made some profit out of it I decided to go buy some more discs and then resale, the person who sold to me said a company closed and they took the Computers (Mac Pros according to his description) but throw away all the software.

I have about 10 discs, If you buy retail, it’s $129, but this is not retail so I’m asking for $60 shipped for each disc, any questions let me know, Thanks!

Well, I don't know much about Macs, but I know this discs are brand new unopened, maybe apple setup the hard drives at their factory and just drop in the disc for restoring the OS, but I don't know it's just my guess, because I have a couple of satisfied customers who told me they already load the software without problems, also one of them said this disc was only for Intel based Macs, I don't know if that's true or not, just posting the information.

Oh, and Windows also won't let you install the genuine serial # on more than one system, at least with Vista you can't use it more than once, I tried that and the first computer I installed it stopped working. I know XP allow that, but with Vista I couldn't do that

No, sorry the only car audio I might need are some good 6x9 coaxials, I open to any other trades though, but mainly my interests are electronic gadgets, pc stuff, video games and car audio.

LMK! it would be cool if you buy one and then if it works you could post here the results if it worked or not, that will help me sell them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Macs do not require a key, since the retail images are only supposed to be sold on a mac, and all macs come with the Macintosh OS, Apple does not lock it up like Microsoft does.

Is this a retail image or is it an OEM copy that came with a macbook?

I believe it's an OEM copy, because it does not says anything about being a restore disc or if it include any other apps, the disc itself reads "CPU Drop-in DVD Version 10.5 This Software is Part of a Hardware bundle" that makes me believe it's a Full OEM Version that came bundled with the System.

Got ya, reason I ask is people use the retail disk to install OSX on netbooks, but it can't be the one that is bundled with iWork/iLife in a 2 disk set

if you want I can test it out for you and see, if so you could make a killing selling them on the dell mini forums

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

rmdl51

10+ year member
White_Shadow
rmdl51
Fullerton CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies