FS: 1/8" Mass Loaded Vinyl Acoustic Barrier

bubbagumper6
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
The D
Bought a 10' x 4' piece of MLV off Amazon for $109. This is the same stuff Don sells on Sound Deadener Showdown (I would have bought from him if he would return my emails but that's neither here nor there). I was planning on doing my doors and floor but after finishing my doors just didn't have the motivation to do the rest so I only used about 3'. What I have left is about 7' x 4'.

I'm willing to cut smaller pieces but would prefer to sell it whole. Only asking $50 + shipping. Shipping will probably be expensive because it's very heavy and a 4' long roll.

Also have some other sound deadening materials (closed cell foam and acoustic filler).

If you only need a smaller piece just shoot me a pm and we can talk.

Can be picked up in the Detroit area.

00k0k_TK32uy4hjM_600x450.jpg
00X0X_aizVEfqyPfg_600x450.jpg

I did it the way Don from SDS recommends and used industrial velcro, that way it's easy to hang/remove while trimming and test fitting. I can cut it down to whatever size you need but I doubt it will fold very well to fit in a small box...it rolls easy enough

Did you put this on top of the vapor barrier? or took off the vapor barrier all together?
Took it off and added some pure butyl strips to the backside of the inner door skin and ccf over the front of the skin before the mlv.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.