FS: 1/8" Mass Loaded Vinyl Acoustic Barrier

bubbagumper6
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
The D
Bought a 10' x 4' piece of MLV off Amazon for $109. This is the same stuff Don sells on Sound Deadener Showdown (I would have bought from him if he would return my emails but that's neither here nor there). I was planning on doing my doors and floor but after finishing my doors just didn't have the motivation to do the rest so I only used about 3'. What I have left is about 7' x 4'.

I'm willing to cut smaller pieces but would prefer to sell it whole. Only asking $50 + shipping. Shipping will probably be expensive because it's very heavy and a 4' long roll.

Also have some other sound deadening materials (closed cell foam and acoustic filler).

If you only need a smaller piece just shoot me a pm and we can talk.

Can be picked up in the Detroit area.

00k0k_TK32uy4hjM_600x450.jpg
00X0X_aizVEfqyPfg_600x450.jpg

It's looking like shipping will be around $25-$30.

I'm thinking I may be able to roll it a little tighter and fit it inside the tube it's wrapped around.

i may be interested in 4'x4' piece. u could cut it into 1'x2' strips and send it in a flatrate box. ill be using multiple layers above my gas tank to hopefully stop my HDD from killing fuel pumps.

i may be interested in 4'x4' piece. u could cut it into 1'x2' strips and send it in a flatrate box. ill be using multiple layers above my gas tank to hopefully stop my HDD from killing fuel pumps.
Shoot me a pm if you're serious and I'll get back with you in the morning, going out for the night.

How much do you use per door?Interested since im about to upgrade my speakers, but unsure how much per door.

Doors are already dampened, so this should be the next step for me.
I just did my Mustang and I used 2 by 4 ft. for each door.

im intrested in this - but how would you apply it to the door skin ? use contact cement or super77 3m spray ? or other ?

my suburban doors have the smallest openings to work thru so some pieces cut to fit in a flat rate box would probably be more ideal for me to try and work with anyways...

i have 6 smaller size doors to apply some kind of deadner to the door skin ( was going to use a peal and stick type deadner but... ive had bad luck with those and the hot south FL sun melting it all off... dont want that happening inside my doors and messing with my window motor junk

im intrested in this - but how would you apply it to the door skin ? use contact cement or super77 3m spray ? or other ?
my suburban doors have the smallest openings to work thru so some pieces cut to fit in a flat rate box would probably be more ideal for me to try and work with anyways...

i have 6 smaller size doors to apply some kind of deadner to the door skin ( was going to use a peal and stick type deadner but... ive had bad luck with those and the hot south FL sun melting it all off... dont want that happening inside my doors and messing with my window motor junk
Gotta use 3 or 4 1" screws with large washers across the top of it. Use the ccf to seal the edges of the mlv. Stuff is heavy man. Buut, my doors (especially midbass) sound so good now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.