SOLD Fs: '06 RE XXX18 & '09 RE Se-X 12"

lvxr
10+ year member

Sup guys,

So here's the deal, i have a like-new RE SE-X (newest model) Dual 4 ohm, had it for 2 weeks in a sealed box, then one week in a ported box. Took it out because i thought it was blown, but it wasnt at all! the glue that holds the tinsel leads in place came out and was slapping the back of the cone, ugh!!! Epoxied the tinsels back on and it works 100% fine, used it for about a week like that. Never clipped the sub or abused it, i was powering it with a Alpine pdx 600.1. Bought the sub brand new at an authorized dealer here in Vegas, have the warranty and receipt.

Cosmetically the face is 10/10, the basket is scuffed a little from a snug fitting speaker cutout, but that has nothing to do with anything unless you plan on invert mounting it.

Musically it is 10/10, like-new! Bought it for $220, now it just sits in my garage because i got a DD. Asking $175 shipped, price is negotiable, im not too sure what it would sell for second-hand.

Also, I have a '05/'06 model RE XXX (the origional version), it's currently Dual 1. It is NOT in working condition. I was using it while I was experimenting with different types of speakers. I used to power it with a Directed Audio 1500d. Used it for about 2 months before taking it out. The sub was never damaged or anything, but while the sub was sitting in my room the glue around the spider completely came out (see pic). And to make matters worse, my tv remotve fell off my bed and on to my cone and cracked the dust cap (see pic). So long story short, i know these motors are in demand. If anyone wants to buy it as is, we can work it out.

Or i can get it reconed by FI Audio if anyone is interested. FI is located here in vegas so it would be easy for me to get it done. They already quoted me $90 to recone it, so if anyone wants a XXX powered FI, then we can work something out and I can have it reconed to your liking.

Cosmetically (6/10) cracked dustcap, surface rust on the crome plating on the motor. This is from have the sub in Hawaii (where im from) since i bought it in 06 (just brought the sub with me to vegas last week). NO, the sub was not stored outside, it was stored in doors all the time, but that's just how strong the salt air is in hawaii. Im not sure i could do anything to remove the surface rust, but i dont think it will bother anyone.

Mechanically (5/10) Sub was never blown, but glue around the spider completely came out while in storage.

Im looking at $300 obo for the XXX18 as is, or $400 re-coned by FI to your liking.

Please read everything i wrote if you are serious, im trying to be very descriptive. Hit me up with any questions.

l_39635e16b6564c1ca57b46891168ebfd.jpg

l_146bac166d8347318565b9c9ebf4a48a.jpg

l_a54492fc78f14376b88eec0cd6a598a4.jpg

l_94ce94efee3b484aa00d6d7c96cd1ffd.jpg

l_12b1299c3f0c4effbaa076bc9b85cf17.jpg

l_a8af69d9de634ef78937643c74fc3e14.jpg

l_4b6ae355a45e420ca85a5b7e0ebe1075.jpg

is the detached spyder all thats wrong with it?
basically, and the stupid crack/hole in the dustcap...im thinking about trying to glue it back together and playing it, if it works ill buy a dustcap from somewhere

I had a T215D2 spider detach from the basket I used 1hr epoxy centered it up pushed it down if it scuffed I would reposition it until I could bottom out the vc smoothly, with 1hr epoxy you can take your time and get it perfect and 1hr after it cures is ungodly strong.

bumppp...im going to attempt to re-glue it, but dont get me wrong...if it works after i re-glue it, it will still be for sale, but as a true XXX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.