frontstage amp tuning

you have Arc ks-300.2 right, in mono it's 1x700 into 4ohms, i dont know what the 2 ohms load is but i'm sure it's more than 700watts.

if your sub is 300 to 600 then your cerwin vega will do fine.

if i where you i would switch them around, i think you will happier.

i think your cerwin vega will run cooler off of the sub.

you should call cerwin vega & ask them about how many watts you'll be pushing bridged.

you have Arc ks-300.2 right, in mono it's 1x700 into 4ohms, i dont know what the 2 ohms load is but i'm sure it's more than 700watts.if your sub is 300 to 600 then your cerwin vega will do fine.

if i where you i would switch them around, i think you will happier.

i think your cerwin vega will run cooler off of the sub.

you should call cerwin vega & ask them about how many watts you'll be pushing bridged.
yeah i have the 300.2 and at 2 ohms. it pushes

Power output RMS @ 4 ohms 2 x 180 watts

Power output RMS @ 2 ohms 2 x 350 watts

Power output RMS @ 4 ohms bridged 1 x 700 watts

and for the cerwin vega.

i know that BRIDGED. it only pushes 200 watts.

* 4 ohms: 60 watts x 4 chan.

* 2 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.

if i put the cerwin vega and bridge the subs? they would be only getting 200 watts. that would underpower my subs

i mean idk why my hsk165 aren't getting power w/o distortion because its getting fed that 200 but i can only get it at 1/4 gain before it distorts and it doesnt sound LOUD at all. :[ this is depressing. maybe i should take it back to the store?

see, i wanted to do that. but dmm's i heard they aren't accurate and have a limit to decibels and the music really depends on the persons ears than the dmm. but if anything, thats probably going to be last resort for me. :]

i think your cerwin vega amps should push more then 200 bridged!

i looked on cerwin vega web site to see if they had the wattage if you bridged it but they don't.

isn't your sub 350rms to 600pk? is it DVC or SVC? your amp is stable down to 2ohms, i bet you it pushes more then 200watts bridged, you should call cerwin vega up & can tell you everything about your amp.i was wonedering since your amp is bridged of a four channel amp,could it be that when you bridged your amps front & rear channels that they are playing into mono?

i looked at your amp online to see whats going on it has for front 1-2 channels + & - for each side.

but i did notice that if you wanted to use the front as one channel t get more watts that you had to take the + from one side & - from another side?

i think you will be bridging the channels to one & if i'm right it turns it into mono, but i could be wrong?

if that's happening then both of your channels are now mono.

that maybe why your new comps dont sound good.

you aren't getting right & left channel separations.

dont give up just yet, just try to switch amps & see what happens it wont hurt the sub or comps.

on your deck do you have your loudness switched on? if you turn off the loudness you will get less distortion.

then you can turn up your gains around 40 to 60.

it's really hard to tell you what maybe happening with your gear without being there.

you may have to take it back in, but make sure they charge you to help you out since they installed it for you & they started playing with you gains on both of your amps.

DMM & test tone would probably be the best thing to do. don't get depressed we all have gone through something with car audio.

I was looking at your cerwin vega & i was wondering when you bridged the (front left & right)

& the (rear left & right) would your speakers now be in mono to the left & right now? or will they be in stereo still.

you should call cerwin vega they can tell you everything to know about there amp since they made it.

i dont have the EXL amp. i have the Vmodel

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12076_Cerwin-Vega+Vega+V400.4.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

i didn't find it on their site.

yeah my sub is 300rms-600peak.

i believe its DVC. its the boston g2's it says 2 voice coils.

i think its bridged 4 channel two the front only. not the rear. is it supposed to? cause i know when i turn the gain up on that cv amp. it gets louder in the front, i can barely hear the rear speakers. idk. the guy that had the ppl install it said they just bridged my speakers so i'd be getting the full 200 watts and that my hertz can handle 75% gain on it. but at 25% distortion already occurs. if they are changed to mono because it is bridged to one side? how would i change the connection to make it different so i'd actually be getting its full potential? you want me to take pictures of the amp and its connection so you can try and decipher exactly what my amp is doing??

and yeah. my deck. already has loudness OFF. and EQ is on flat also for less distortion and my HPF is at 80 hz. bass boost is at 0. so everything on my HU is good. i think. LOL

if i do take it back, my friend said that it'd be no additional cost because he said my HERTZ ARE SUPPOSED TO HANDLE 75% GAIN. with that amp w/o distortion and its only taking 25% so he said somethings wrong and to take it back and they should fix it. but the place is far as hell. LOL but i guess its worth it. but i dont wanna wait another 6 hours like last time :[ i starved. haha

so i really don't know :[

oh you have the older CV,yeah i didn't see it on there web site either.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12076_Cerwin-Vega+Vega+V400.4.html?gclid=CNHDsIKiqZgCFRxNagodGhYSnA

i found the spec on this amp, you should still try to call cerwin vega to find out your amp works.

this is fun part of car audio.

since you have a DVC sub you maybe able to get more power from your amp that's if it can go down to 2ohms, but make sure you call CV first so you wont damage the amp either.

i dont understand the 75% gains?

your comps are 125rms-225peak, with the right xover points.

so i guess these guys @ the shop are saying that because you are useing 200watts per side that you should be able to turn up you gains to about 75%!!!!

It doesn't make since.

you may want to xover your comps to 100hz & try to turn up you gains some, but that still wont solve your problem.

I know you dont want to change your amps around, but your'e learning about audio & believe it or not almost everybody on this forum are DIYERS in some way or another with there gear.

you came to this forum to save money, get advise, to learn, & to enjoy your toys.

So i think it's time to learn how do it right, i understand the guys at the shop will take care of y

ou,but what if something else goes wrong what are you going to do?

We all have had something go wrong with our at some point.

enuogh of me preaching to you.

that Boston sub is pretty clean sounding, i've heard few of them before i like.

yea i'll probably just call CV and ask them whatever the hell i need to do to get this amp working. what is the + that a DVC sub has compared to a SVC.?

and the 75% gain. idk. he just said that tune the knob about 3/4 = 75% and it'll sound really nice and plus, the hsk's can handle the power. but that's all i've heard.

really? 100hz? cause i told my friend it was already at 100 but he said to tune it down to 80hz. i thought i'd just listen to him because he knows hsk165's better than I DO. **** if i do change that around? it should take that long right? i just gotta attach the wires to the different channels? how should i connect the sub to the four channel amp? bridge it? and i guess for the hertz, just 2 ohm it on the arc amp.?

yeah i really like the bostons. i mean its not TOO loud, but SQ on the low notes are spectacular for its price.

4ohms 4+4 can be wired down to 2ohms DVC-Dual Voice coil-you. if your amp doesn't have enough power off of 4ohms, by having a DVC 2ohms now, you can get more watts from your amp into 2ohms

4ohms is 4ohms so you will only get 4 ohms out of it. SVC-Single Voice Coil

Your Boston sub is rated from 75watts to 300.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_500/Car-Subwoofers.html?o=v&search=boston+acoustics+sub&searchdisplay=boston%2bacoustics%2bsub&tp=13

so your cerwin vega amp will do fine for sub duty.

you arc should be into 4ohms per side, that will sound nice for those hertz.

Arc is something like 180 per side which is plently for those hertz, just make sure you turn off the bass boost, & have the gains at least half way down,

if your friend know what hes doing then ask him to help you out some, just make sure that he doesn't blow anything.

it may take time but it will be worth it,

SHITTT nevermind. its actually SVC.

because i looked.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065G21044/Boston-Acoustics-G210-44-DVC.html?o=v&search=boston+acoustics+sub&searchdisplay=boston%2bacoustics%2bsub&tp=13

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065G2124/Boston-Acoustics-G212-4.html?o=v&search=boston+acoustics+sub&searchdisplay=boston%2bacoustics%2bsub&tp=13

my boston actually is the one on the bottom, which is the SVC. because my surround looks like that. it doesn't look like DVC one. :[

now that i have SVC.

what does that change??

since you have SVC subs you can use your cerwin vega to power thenm to there own channel off that amp.

the rms on those subs are 75 to 300watts, so now since you know the power handling of each sub, & your amp if bridged will put out 200 into two channels.

take the SVC sub to the front channel bridged +/- & then you take the other sub to the rear channel +/-.

Since you want SQ now you dont have to max them out, especially since you have 2 subs, verse one.

you can look @ your plug ends which will in some cases have 4 plugins verse 2,

my jl sub has just one plugin but it has 4 terminals 2+2-/ to be wired into 4ohms,

some subs have plugin,srewins, or just terminals.

you surround is more on excurtion- which can be any where from 2mm to 54mm.

with most not all SQ woofers they will use less excurtion for better control of the woofer.

If i where you i would deaden your doors at least, & change around your amps, & adjust it so you wont blow them.

then i would built that sub box next.

Take one project at a time until you learn what your doing.

so i should deaden my doors for my front stage first? then try fixing up the amps. instead of building a new custom box??

I think the front stage is a little more important, since you spent so much on your comps.

if you had bought some cheap speaker then it wouldn't matter.if i where you.

1) Deaden your doors- http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ there is also fatmat & dynamat

in time you should deaden your whole car, you dont want raddles or your car shaking like a tin can.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-build-logs/33715-first-install-lots-pic.html

in this link this guy is doing a full install, but he also is installing the same HERTZ comps that you have, hope you can learn from his install.

2)after you deaden your doors you need to set up which amp your going to use for those comps, like where are you going to mount it, adjust it,

3) if where you i would the BIG THREE, yes ift will help with voltage of your amps & electrical system. your not running enough power to change out alternator & i think your battery should be enough.

4) how is your wiring???

what i'm asking are you running any fuses??? to the battery & between your amps???

not on your amp, to the amp??

make sure you are running the right wires which can play a big part with how your comps will sound.

If that shop installed basic wires that came with the speakers i would at least go up a gage or two.

5) RCA's -with your your front stage they do play a great part into distortion & that hissing sound that you are hearing. So if your running cheap rca's you'll need to replace them.

yes your front stage can & will require lots of work, but now since your becoming a car audio finatik you have plently of time to do it right.

it's all about learning.

your subs aren't going any place so you can put them on hold for now.

you'll be happy in the end.

when you do decide to built a box you can try it yourself or have someone on this forum built it for you.

Remember if you save money by doing things right, you'll be able to spend it more money on your car with how you'll like it to look & sound.

TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.