freind has 2 10" MTX subwoofers what amp should he get?

91explorerV6
10+ year member

New York
Alright so as you read my freind has two MTX 10 inch subwoofers in a sealed box

There 600 watts Peak each and I think therer 400 watts RMS? maybe 300 not sure

on that one He asked me what amp to get and hes gonna buy whatever I tell

him to get so my rep as a car audio guy is on the line lol I gotta come through for him

hes on a budget so Im thinking a Profile CL1200 would be great for him but I

wanted to check on here first what do you all think from what Ive heard its a reliable

amp that does pretty close to the wattage that it says So unless you guys think its

a bad Idea im going to tell him to go with that by the way it would be good to keep it under $250 shipped but I think I could get him up to $300 shipped no Ebay its ok

to buy of the internet but it has to be a good company and absolutely NO EBAY let me know what you think thanks

that would be a good choice but u shoul also find out the ohms of the speakers so that he can get the most out of the amp...their prob not dvc r they?

the majority of mtx subs that arnt dvc are 4 ohm's, so that would make a 2 ohm load for a amp if u get a 1 channel amp...the profile is 2 channel so u could run 1 speaker per ch and the speakers would get 450 rms each....thats enough for those subs...

no, they'd get 300 if they are 4 ohms each.

i suggest a jbl bp600.1. that way you can always upgrade subs later on and still have a decent amp. this can be had off http://www.ikesound.com for about $180. the bp600.1 is also 1 ohm stable, puts out 600@2 or 1 ohm, so no matter what voice coils the subs have they will be getting 600W RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.