Free box designs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falder
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NSB, FL
I'm looking for a box design and I've seen a couple box designs thrown up here before, I'm not sure whether these were paid for or not. Maybe the more complex ones were while other simpler ones weren't. I'm sure for what I have it'll just be a basic box but I'm not totally in the know just yet.

I'd also like some suggestions on whether I should go ported or sealed?

I think I wanna go ported for a better sound with rap. But what should it be tuned to?

Equip:

2 SWR-1242D (2 12" Alpine Type ARGHS!)

Hifonics BXi2607D

I'm not sure if I can attain a nice freq with these two subs and only so much space, but any help would be appreciated.

Dimensions: (in case someone wants to design a box for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

30" wide, I have a little bit more room but would like some clearance.

15" tall, thats about my max

and I would like to have some trunk space left so 16" deep would be nice, but if one of the dimensions has to change it'd be the depth.

First system so most likely anything will make me happy. Thanks for any help.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

SO, what is there that I can do....

I have a lot more depth, but I'd be losing more trunk space than I'd like to, but maybe I'll just have to deal with it......

91 honda accord

And I have about 30" of total depth, thats the whole trunk.

So thats definitely enough, but now I need a design with the inner dimensions for depth and width under 30" and height under 15"

I'd like to learn all of this on my own, but tuning doesn't seem like something I could just learn, and I don't wanna just search and do what everyone else does without any other inputs, but what should the box be tuned to? I've seen 30-35 for 2 type r's somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.