Free Amp, worth installing? Help please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SAinsworth43

Let me start off by saying i got this completely free so i took it. I will be installing two new Alpine SWR-12D4s in a few days. That being said, my door speakers will probably be over powered a bit. (2000 watts RMS for my subs, no Mid/High amp). So i took this free Urban Audio Works 200 Watt 4ch amp, model U-2000M. Its old and cheap and everything i have read about Urban says they are garbage. but would it be worth it to install anyway until i get a better amp? or should i just run my speakers off my Alpine CDE-HD148BT until i get one (18W RMS)?

urban_zps6671938f.jpg

couldnt get my webcam to work, this one is identical. obviouslt it has 4 sets of speaker outputs and power ground and remote on one end, then on the other it has 2 sets of Low level inputs (RCA's one set for front and one set for rear), a set of Hi level inputs (speaker level) front and rear "level" adjustment (im guessing those are front and rear gains?) and a power light.

okay, thanks. makes sense considering that the 200 watts they are claiming is probably peak, which would be the same as my deck (50 peak per channel). so the RMS would probably be the same if not less than my source unit. Thanks for the help, and it was worth a shot anyway. haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.