four L5 fifteens?

somekook
10+ year member

only 15"s
currently i have 2 L5 15"s, sealed 4.5 cubes each, 800 watts each, in quite a small hatchback. i dont expect anyone to be able to tell me what numbers im hitting, but is there any way to know how many Db's, approximately, i might rise if i throw 2 more 15"s in at 400 watts each? at 800 watts each?

is it a daily driver? are you sure you need 4 15"s in a hatch? i guess some people like that though. i hope you dont suffer hearing loss my friend.

intense heat? any way, no, i deffinately dont NEED four 15"s, but i sure do WANT four 15"s. like i said, i dont want you to tell me how many db's ill hit, just how many, approdximaetly, i might increase by throing in 2 more 15"s all at half power.

if the heat thing is because of higher pressure, then i dont think it will raise my numbers, because the positive pressure will be higher but the negative pressure will be higher too, resulting in the same pressure difference

i dunno man thats a little much to listen to music on even for a basshead. Even the guys I know (all about the bass) with less than that complain sometimes cause they cannot hear their music, just bass. Do you really need more than that? Unless you want to compete (which I will never understand farting comps either lol) I dunno why you would want that much. In a hatchback thats usually 2-4 times louder than someone with the same setup in a trunk! And thats quite a bit for a trunk too!

yea, i guess im insane but im not asking weather anyone thinks i need four 15"s or not, and i can always get some nice loud amplified components if i cant hear the mids and highs. actually, i dont even NEED 2 fifteens. also, if each of the four subs has two 4ohm voice coils( total of 8 4ohm voice coils), is there a way to wire them all up to a single 1 ohm load?

instead of doing two more subs, just change to a ported enclosure....

louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You can make 2 of them ported with the right enclosure louder than just using 4 of them sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can make 2 of them ported with the right enclosure louder than just using 4 of them sealed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

truly? thats amazing, because i used to have one and when i got 2, it was incredibly louder, even sealed

i mean, im not gunna buy a snail shell box or anything like that.... if thats what you mean

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.