Apocalypse boy
10+ year member
l!no
Teen Sentenced After Confessing To Stealing 170 Cars
POSTED: 4:28 pm EDT June 19, 2007
UPDATED: 11:07 am EDT June 20, 2007
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 15-year-old who confessed to stealing nearly 200 Hondas in Orange County is off the streets, at least for the near future. He was sentenced Tuesday afternoon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIEW: Map Of 250 Honda Thefts
MUST SEE: 99-Photo Strange News Slideshow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The case was set to go to trail Tuesday, but detectives had a lot of hard evidence linking Vigoa to the auto thefts, so his attorney made a plea deal and the state agreed.
Ramon Vigoa can't drive. He's only 15, but detectives said he's confessed to stealing 170 Hondas. He pled guilty to a lesser charge Tuesday and was sentenced to a lock down program until he turns 19.
STRANGE PHOTOS
WEIRD! View 99 unusual photos capturing a variety of strange news. New photos are added frequently!
His mother broke down in tears, but Cpl. Bill Barlett had a different reaction.
"I'm happy he was sentenced," he said.
Barlett has arrested Vigoa six times for stealing Hondas.
Bartlett thinks the teen may linked to even more crimes. On a map that was generated by police, they plotted where Hondas were stolen near Azalea Park in the last year. 250 of them were taken from the area bordered by Narcoossee Road, University Boulevard, Dean Road and Summerlin. Vigoas house is right in the middle of all of them.
He confessed to 170, but said he lost count.
Vigoa kissed his mom as he was taken away to the detention center Tuesday afternoon. Judge Thomas Mihok hopes he'll learn to clean up his act while he's in custody, but worries what else he may learn when he's surrounded by other troubled teens.
"I worry they are going to teach each other how to offend again," said Mihok.
If he behaves, Vigoa could be released from the lockdown program in six months. But detectives said they plan to file more charges against him and he would have to go through the court process all over again and could face more time.
POSTED: 4:28 pm EDT June 19, 2007
UPDATED: 11:07 am EDT June 20, 2007
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 15-year-old who confessed to stealing nearly 200 Hondas in Orange County is off the streets, at least for the near future. He was sentenced Tuesday afternoon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIEW: Map Of 250 Honda Thefts
MUST SEE: 99-Photo Strange News Slideshow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The case was set to go to trail Tuesday, but detectives had a lot of hard evidence linking Vigoa to the auto thefts, so his attorney made a plea deal and the state agreed.
Ramon Vigoa can't drive. He's only 15, but detectives said he's confessed to stealing 170 Hondas. He pled guilty to a lesser charge Tuesday and was sentenced to a lock down program until he turns 19.
STRANGE PHOTOS
WEIRD! View 99 unusual photos capturing a variety of strange news. New photos are added frequently!
His mother broke down in tears, but Cpl. Bill Barlett had a different reaction.
"I'm happy he was sentenced," he said.
Barlett has arrested Vigoa six times for stealing Hondas.
Bartlett thinks the teen may linked to even more crimes. On a map that was generated by police, they plotted where Hondas were stolen near Azalea Park in the last year. 250 of them were taken from the area bordered by Narcoossee Road, University Boulevard, Dean Road and Summerlin. Vigoas house is right in the middle of all of them.
He confessed to 170, but said he lost count.
Vigoa kissed his mom as he was taken away to the detention center Tuesday afternoon. Judge Thomas Mihok hopes he'll learn to clean up his act while he's in custody, but worries what else he may learn when he's surrounded by other troubled teens.
"I worry they are going to teach each other how to offend again," said Mihok.
If he behaves, Vigoa could be released from the lockdown program in six months. But detectives said they plan to file more charges against him and he would have to go through the court process all over again and could face more time.