Fosgate punch 300-12 problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

B40dash8

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all I’m new here. I just recently bought a used Rockford fosgate punch 300-12 amplified subwoofer. I have it hooked up with 8 guage power and ground cables along with remote turn on. Using rca cables. The problem is works great when working but will just stop working out of nowhere. I figured out if I hit the amp part of the sub with the end of a screwdriver or anything hard it comes back on. Is there anything that could be loose that would be easy to fix? I pulled out the amp and all wires are clean and still connected. I don’t see any thing dirty or not soldered together on the circuit board. Just wondering if there are any known problems that could be causing this problem? Thanks for the help!

Is the blade fuse snug? Cold solder can develop fine cracks that expand when heated from use, so a visual may not catch that crack. If you own a soldering iron, I would touch up all BIG solder joints. If not, then a tech is your best bet.

Is the blade fuse snug? Cold solder can develop fine cracks that expand when heated from use, so a visual may not catch that crack. If you own a soldering iron, I would touch up all BIG solder joints. If not, then a tech is your best bet.
Thanks for the response. Yes the 2 blade fuses are very snug. Snug enough that I cannot remove them with my fingers. I do have a soldering gun. The car stereo place close by gave me a quote of 95 bux for a diagnostic test which Doesnt make sense because I paid 150 for the thing. Just weird how it works amazing then just stops working until I hit the the thing then it works great again.

Just weird how it works amazing then just stops working until I hit the the thing then it works great again
This behavior is very common in Silverado gauge clusters. When needles jump around by tapping, it indicates broken solder points. I had a tech touch up all points, been 3 years. Also relays do the same thing. I have fixed a few by the same method.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...