fosgate or alpine that is my question........

Participant count
  • Participant list

dcso011006

Need some opinions here.....I have an orion h2 12 in a slot ported custom made box...right now I'm using a Rockford fosgate 1001bd to push it....the amps is turned up to a lil over 3/4 gain. And it sounds pretty **** good. I get a lot of headlight dim at high volumes but I am in the process of correcting that with a high output alt and a kinetik battery. I'm running 0 guage wire.......so here's my question keep my amp to push that sub or buy my buddies m240 older version not the new square one and sell my fosgate....I know the alpine is rated at higher watts but does anyone if it is a better amp and if it will sound any different......I was thinking about using his t2d2 15 but I put the box in my car and yeah it fits but no room for the amp or battery so I'm stuck with a single 12. (Vw golf). So any suggestions?

I would keep ur current setup until ur electrical upgrades are done. After that see how that sounds since ur voltage is dropping now, but hopefully will not after the upgrades are done. Then if you still wanna get something else I'd say go for it, although I really like those RF amps.

I've always liked the older fosgate amps too just that alpine is 2400 ems at 2 ohm and mi e is 1000rms at 2 ohm.......what about the silver cones t2 subs know anything about them it won't fit in his new car so he wanted to trade even up or I could buy the amp for 100

I've always liked the older fosgate amps too just that alpine is 2400 ems at 2 ohm and mi e is 1000rms at 2 ohm.......what about the silver cones t2 subs know anything about them it won't fit in his new car so he wanted to trade even up or I could buy the amp for 100
Does the Alpine work and in good shape? If so, I will buy it and pay you to ship it to me if he is only asking $100 for it

He's the original owner with all papers the box everything....it was In is car up to last week before he got a smaller car due to gas......I never heard it but he's a friend so I trust what he says he's really wanting to trade stuff so he can one have a system and two not have to do all kinds of wiring work to install the monster......plus he said he doesn't want to blow the trunk lid off.....I'm not sure if I wanna trade because I'd have to build a new box to include the battery that would be needed because the box just fits in my hatch so I'd have to do some work to get that sub amp and battery In my car that's why I was wondering if I should buy bis amp use it on my Orion and sell my amp.........not sure if the alpine running under half gain would be easier only system than the fosgate at close to max gain. Or which amp would sou d better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.