Fosgate Build Pics

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
Just Completed Taylor's build He wanted Rockford graphics incorporated in the build. I was going to try to make the RF initials be the supports in the brace but was not happy with the way it looked so I just added the the initials in the middle of the window instead. Complete build photos on my site in the gallery page 1.

Just Completed Taylor's build He wanted Rockford graphics incorporated in the build. I was going to try to make the RF initials be the supports in the brace but was not happy with the way it looked so I just added the the initials in the middle of the window instead. Complete build photos on my site in the gallery page 1.
Looks good but what's the port area? Looks a bit small and short. Tuned at 50hz?

Bro that's only 8 sq inches per cube. Half of what's needed.
I've still not seen one post complaining about his boxes (look or sound) mine turned out great and I'm 120% satisfied. **** he's only been a member for like 6 months and done something like 8 boxes already.. Seeing that's his job I'm sure he knows what he's doing...; p

Making a flat response box according to bass box pro defies common car audio assumptions, just got the software myself to do some home audio builds but I tried out making some designs for my own subs, its completely different from what I presumed would sound okay. Who knows though only real world results and testing will show. If people are happy with the box then the software must be doing something right at least.

Making a flat response box according to bass box pro defies common car audio assumptions, just got the software myself to do some home audio builds but I tried out making some designs for my own subs, its completely different from what I presumed would sound okay. Who knows though only real world results and testing will show. If people are happy with the box then the software must be doing something right at least.
Thats Completely on target Jeff most vent calculators do not let you factor in how much power youll be putting through the vent so they use the optimal area which is 28sq" per sub (refer to page 234 for this chart Jeff in BasssBox Pro). When you graph velocity and factor in the amp's power 2.5" is well below the 110ft/sec that bassbox recommends. The max space available was 35"wide so 33" was the max I was comfortable using. In an ideal situation the vent would be bigger a choice I didn't have unless the box design radically shifted to a top fire.

BassBox has entire tab dedicated to acoustic response from 5hz up to 20k. BassBox lets you choose from a predicted T-S response, driver sensitivity or a averaged band. In any case I always ask all my customers to leave a review good or bad so we will find out soon enough.

BassBox has entire tab dedicated to acoustic response from 5hz up to 20k. BassBox lets you choose from a predicted T-S response' date=' driver sensitivity or a averaged band. In any case I always ask all my customers to leave a review good or bad so we will find out soon enough.[/quote']
real world > software. Software will tell you what it should do in a open feild.

Port area for a flat responce needs to be around 12-14sq inches per cube. 16-18 will give you a strong peak but heavy roll off. Thats basic stuff.

Your work looks golden but I think you need more time with go over show. There are ratios when working with port area, you are way off here.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I've still not seen one post complaining about his boxes (look or sound) mine turned out great and I'm 120% satisfied. **** he's only been a member for like 6 months and done something like 8 boxes already.. Seeing that's his job I'm sure he knows what he's doing...; p
Bro your opinion dont mean anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from