ford fusion help

Participant count
  • Participant list

rollingthunderX

hopefully this hasn't been listed yet. I searched and couldn't find it but here it goes.

I have a 2010 ford fusion sport with the sony system. which means 12 speakers and a factory amp which is located in the rear most of the trunk.

my equipment is a 2ohm boston 555 (the oval racetrack sub) with a boston tuned ported box. pushing the sub is a boston 2800 watt amp and a farad cap which I believe is a 1.2 or 1.5 farad. I've heard all the fuss about caps some say they work some say there junk idk. so heres my issue.

1st issue. sound deadening. Im not rolling in the money so I'm looking for cost effective ways to chill the rattles and make the sub sound X better!

2nd issue. headlights on the car dim out when the bass hits. this is without the farad cap. with the farad cap the lights dim a little

3rd issue. to use a loc or not. I don't want to lose the factor head due to sync and it's features. I've been running a loc off the rear most deck speaker but I want to know if theres a better way to use this loc or is there another device I can buy that makes the audio better. fyi. the speakers in the rear deck lid are subs from the factory. I forget what there called but there not full subs there like partial subs or something like that. the stock stereo slams hard for stock so I don't want to get rid of the sony system I just want to use the boston to compliment it. I've read that while tuning your not supposed to have your head unit volume up to 100%... I've done this without any distortion. is this because the factory system is preset so people don't blow the factory speakers?

this is the biggest issue I have above all else.

my options were to tap into the rear of the factory head unit,tap into the factory amp or just hook up the loc to the rear speakers. it works ok hooked up to the rear speakers but I'm hoping theres a better way for cleaner and louder audio. I've read about digital processors or whatever there called but I don't really know what I'm looking for.. Some input on brand,price and reliability would be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.