Ford factory amp and sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Toomanytoys

CarAudio.com Newbie
Does anyone here have any experience with the Sony THX sound system in the 07-14 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators?

The reason I’m asking is I want to replace the factory 8” sub in the drivers side rear panel with something that can hit harder but I want to keep the factory enclosure. So what I need to know is if anyone happens to know what the dimensions of the factory sub are and the wattage specs on the sub and amp
It’s a real pain to get to the factory enclosure so I only want to do it once

You will not find a subwoofer for that enclosure size and stock amp that will be louder than the factory subwoofer. Throw some poly fill in the enclosure and call it a day.

I wasn’t planning on staying with the factory amp. I was thinking along the lines of the nvx or sundown compact amps

Have you tried looking for a factory replacement online? That should have the dimensions and possibly the wattage. Also, try crutchfield.com and type in your vehicle. They will give you options of speakers and subwoofers that will fit your vehicle. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.