• Ford

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Chevy

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • Dodge

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
The Best Car Ever Made = AMC Gremlin

Not only could you never get laid if you drive this car on a date, but you might end up walking her home after the **** thing breaks down.

Seriously, tho, as far as american cars are concerned, I gotta say I love my Ford. 36k miles in the past year, and the only thing i've ever replaced are the plugs and wires.

Overall, I'd have to chose either BMW or Volkswagon. There's nothing like driving a real German engineered car to make you appreciate those kraut-eating bastards.

Actualy my friend, the Viper is 4 seconds faster on a Lemans course than the roucsh. And for your lighting I think your full of **** if you think you can hang with a Z06, of course I'm guessing that you haven't done any mods to it. Oh yeah and I seriously doubt your truck weighs 5k tons. Most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks weigh that, not a puffy little sport truck.

Originally posted by bootleg Actualy my friend, the Viper is 4 seconds faster on a Lemans course than the roucsh. And for your lighting I think your full of **** if you think you can hang with a Z06, of course I'm guessing that you haven't done any mods to it. Oh yeah and I seriously doubt your truck weighs 5k tons. Most 3/4 and 1 ton trucks weigh that, not a puffy little sport truck.
Worth being such an a$$hole. The lighting will pull a zo6 for your information. Not in handling but in the 1/4 mile it will. DOdge is a worthless company. I see that when Chrysler bought up mercedes they went right down the poop chute. Get your head and ego out of your Ass. ASs

*******? Dude, get your facts straight, do you even have a ****ing clue? At best, a stock, 2001 Ford SVT Lighting will do a high 13, proven by a track test in Sport Truck Magazine *I can't find it but it's title was 'Lighting: Nipping at Viper's Heals' and I will look high and low tommorow to find it to prove you wrong* with nitrous, numerous intake and computer mods and lowered suspensions with traction systems. The Viper with street tires does 12.11 1/4 mile. How do you even come close to fathming that a Lighting can keep up with a Viper, or a Z06? I mean, do you mean physicaly pull the Z06 with a chain or what? BTW, where can I get some of that stuff you've been smoking? It might even be able to dilute my distinction between fairy land and reality.

And the thing about DCX buying Mercedez? They only bought a portion. Also, how do you make sense of it being a bad choice after a 12% increase in sales, in the US alone in a semi-anual time frame?

Three cheers for Volvo... ;-) No one expects 6.8 0-60 out of a stock s70...

Honda is where it's at though... it's so practical it's impractical. Cheap, clean, efficient, occassionaly good looking. What more can you ask for?

-Ntascrname

A muscle car.

To Speedracer7c;

I just did some research, and if you still think I'm wrong, listen up. You say a Lighting can beat up and down on a Z06? Funny thing is Lighting's top out at 119 MPH! How the fuuck can you think that a Lighting can beat a Z06? I hope you're just messing with me, I realy do, because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2001/ford/lightning/first_drive.html

The 2001 SVT F-150 Lighting is another leap over the 1999-2000 model. Today's truck can do 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds and finish the quarter-mile at 100 mph in 13.9 seconds. And we can assure you, those 13.9 seconds go by very fast indeed.

http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/z06info.html

Z06 wins by a long shot.

my lightning has 450hp and 550ftlbs, runs the quarter mile in the low 12's. YES IT IS A 5000LB PICK-UP TRUCK.

O YEAH THE ROUSH STAGE III IS AN 11 SECOND CAR

i have destroyed a c5 vette when my truck was stock and now i feel i will run next to a zo6. and if a lightning wieghed only 2000lbs imagine the times on that, it would be a low 10 second truck, maybe even in the 9s. We are comparing a super light sports car to a PICK-UP.

Knowing a pick-up can beat a vette, thats sad real sad.

Let me get somethin straight here. A lighting is supercharged right?. And i know for sure its not a 5000lb truck. Now what about the Dodge R/T. Can the Lighting Take that. It might be able to cause its supercharged. take that **** off and race people. Id bet u would loose. Put a supercharger on everyones car, and then u would loose. Lightings are tight looking trucks, but there not as fast as u think

You never mentioned that you had it modified, I still don't beleive that your truck weighs 5k when my neighbors 1 ton truck hauler weighs 4,500 lbs.

Sad? I don't think so, a vette only has 330 horses compared to your '450 horses and 550 ft. lbs torque'. And are those your guestimated numbers, you know like little rice boys do after they add coffee-can exhausts and claim they gained 100 HP when in all actuality they just lost all the low end torque they ever had for the top end they'll never get. Just wondering, you know, as I'd like to see a real dyno sheet for your truck.

FORD.

The new SVT Cobra R should make all you camaro and firehawk owners cower in fear.

390 HP, and 390 ft. lbs. of torque. Still not as fast as a Vette, but then again Vettes are all like fiberglass and ****, oh, and a 4.6 liter even though supercharged, doesn't quite stack up to a 350 (5.7 liter). vette i think is lighter too.

Chevy is faster, but ford looks better

Dude race your lightning agianst Dodges new truck that has the viper engine in it. YOu wouldnt even be able to touch it. What is it like t0-60 in 4.6 seconds i think. That is **** fast. Oh yea and I would have to take dodge as the leading company for one reason they are ahead IMO of every other company domestic anyway. Take the viper no car from either company can hang with it and if you say o well the Z06 can well. what can a z06 do agianst a GTS? And the new dodge truck now the fastest production truck out. So i the high perfomrmece part my vote goes to dodge even tough they dont seem like the best company becasue everyone doesnt race thier vehicles or cant afford them they actully are IMO.

Dodge is the most Low tech company out there.

pushrod V-10.. that's so 00ld school. it is their only good motor out there. the 5.7 that they have puts out less than the 4.6 in the mustangs, it's a dog.

DODGE=DOG.

The only good "chrysler" product is Jeep, and that is because they are not closely affiliated with chrysler. they make most of their own things. The only exception to that would be the new craphole liberty.

dodge got "lucky" with their V-10. you can't really go wrong with a huge as s v-10, with no tech. at all, but it shows no ingenuity on their part.

I may not know as much about stereo's as some of the Xperts on this forum. but i sure could take you to school on cars. I've been a car buff since i could read.

The new Z06 has 405 hp and like 405 ft. lbs. of torque. put all that into a light ass car and you have serious performance capabilities. maybe the base model has 330 hp, but i think that was stepped up for this year too.

Japan makes the best cars with Honda, Nissan, and Toyota. 2 out of my 3 favorite car brands come from Japan being the Infinity (the new ones are so great), Acura, and best of all the Audi. But if you want to go American my vote goes with the Cadi's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...