For SQ what amp is better? CT Sounds 150.6 or PPI P900.5

bunnerrabbit
10+ year member

And Why?

CT has more head room but the PPI has more than I need.

Speakers

Pioneer Pioneer TS-D1730C 6 3/4" Component

Ct Sounds 6.5 Components

Cadence Components if I go to over budget on other things.

Sub

Dayton Shallow 10

Tang Band 8

Dayton 8

Ct or Cadence shallow 10 or reg 8 Again if budget falls apart.

That said I would like to buy a amp today but consider this there also

RE Audio DTS 1000.1 (800 @ 1 Ohm)

RE Audio DTS 500.2 (60x2) I think

I already have these but are in different car so wondering how they compare to above.

Thanks for any help and I am 100% OK but had surgery yesterday and been up all night. Just sitting around reading stuff online so if you have any input please say so. Stuff is going in a 05 4 door canyon. Bought X731BT radio and hopefully it shows up today.

Thanks for any help and I am 100% OK but had surgery yesterday and been up all night. Just sitting around reading stuff online so if you have any input please say so. Stuff is going in a 05 4 door canyon. Bought X731BT radio and hopefully it shows up today.
yeah i need surgery and ins don't kick in until next month so waiting to see doc with massive headache and my right eyes almost closed., wonderful month.. well i'd so the ppi between those just because i have ppi p1k and it's good and the ct amps have had vibration issues don't know if they fixed it yet.. pretty sure i say a 5 or 6 channel other day, i'll see if u can find it.. also look at sundown sd subs (more 4) or skar vd shallow mount peeps like them buddy has 1 in box between seats in his truck pretty good for $69 think he has 500rms to it..

I like the PPI for price and adjustability, but the CT for power. So I guess it's a question of what's more important to you.

Personally, there's no such thing as too much power -- but I'm also a cheapskate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

CT amps did have a vibration issue, but i think that has since been resolved. I dont think youd experience any undue sound issues from the PPI, plus headroom is always a good thing.
yeah i need surgery and ins don't kick in until next month so waiting to see doc with massive headache and my right eyes almost closed., wonderful month.. well i'd so the ppi between those just because i have ppi p1k and it's good and the ct amps have had vibration issues don't know if they fixed it yet.. pretty sure i say a 5 or 6 channel other day, i'll see if u can find it.. also look at sundown sd subs (more 4) or skar vd shallow mount peeps like them buddy has 1 in box between seats in his truck pretty good for $69 think he has 500rms to it..
that was only their 4k amps and above every other amp they have zero issues with vibration. get your information right gramps before making false generalized statements.

And Why?
CT has more head room but the PPI has more than I need.

Speakers

Pioneer Pioneer TS-D1730C 6 3/4" Component

Ct Sounds 6.5 Components

Cadence Components if I go to over budget on other things.

Sub

Dayton Shallow 10

Tang Band 8

Dayton 8

Ct or Cadence shallow 10 or reg 8 Again if budget falls apart.

That said I would like to buy a amp today but consider this there also

RE Audio DTS 1000.1 (800 @ 1 Ohm)

RE Audio DTS 500.2 (60x2) I think

I already have these but are in different car so wondering how they compare to above.
The ct will walk all over that ppi for mids and highs performance wise hands down. Coming from a person that used both brands, you'll be an idiot to choose the ppi over the CT for mids and highs SQ wise. That being said, you'll want a dedicated sub amp later if you want it loud. By then you can do a 3 way active front stage which will be even better. Rather just future proof yourself now then thinking oh "my mids and highs are pretty lacking or they could be better"

literally just future proof yourself man, that setup wont last long lmao this hobby is worse than a crack addiction. I had to go all out until i got a setup I feel completely satisfied with and said okay i'm fking done upgrading.

yeah u should get 2 amps now instead of thinking 350-500rms to sub will be enough forever.. idk what car this is going in maybe i missed it if u have a little room i'd try for reg sub not shallow and run 800-1k to it and have separte 100x2 channel or something like that.. if u don't need the power fine if u do u have it., if u don't like 1 of the amps u can swap it without having to re do whole thing..

Fixed. I don't know why I didnt check the SSA store..
Thank you. Original Sundown dealer and mod here, I hope people come to us for Sundown. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah u should get 2 amps now instead of thinking 350-500rms to sub will be enough forever.. idk what car this is going in maybe i missed it if u have a little room i'd try for reg sub not shallow and run 800-1k to it and have separte 100x2 channel or something like that.. if u don't need the power fine if u do u have it., if u don't like 1 of the amps u can swap it without having to re do whole thing..
That'll never happen...lol

I like the PPI for price and adjustability, but the CT for power. So I guess it's a question of what's more important to you.Personally, there's no such thing as too much power -- but I'm also a cheapskate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Same here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.