for sale digital design amps

Item(s) for Sale:

Do to an unfortunate accident I leaving the 12 volt business and have some inventory to sell off all prices are firm but make an offer and ill see what I can do .Please be patient as I take pictures and post them if you want to see more detail pics just ask or if you have any questions give me a call 504-390-6189 I also have some others models of digital designs amps and subs so feel free to ask while I continue to go through and post them .

digital design m3 $700 SOLD

digital design m2 $500

digital design ss5 $650

digital design ss4a $400

digital design cm1000 $170

digital design cm600 $150

digital design c5c $170

digital design c4c $140

digital design m1 $350

digital design ss1b $260

Item(s) Description/Condition:

new in box

Price:

see above

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

ups or fedex

send zip for quote

Item Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just stick to the facts.

1. Saw this thread, seems like a great deal. Paid $515 for m2b shipped. Got the item a week later, installed this past Saturday by the shop that does all my other installs.

2. 30 minutes into the drive back, heard an electrical pop, followed by "that" smell. Amp was not abused and did not go into protection at all. Was very hot when I touched it. I've had quite a few amps in 15 yrs of car audio and have only blown 1 amp - it was a Boss.

3. Contacted seller, first thing I was told is that he will not replace my amp. Recommended I take it back to the shop so they can power it back on. No, it's fried.

4. Filed claim with PayPal, which was denied. Seller fought me on this every step of the way and said I'm lying.

5. Spoke with DD and explained what happened, they predicted PayPal will side with seller, though I was comforted with the fact that they will take care of me and it won't cost an arm and a leg repairing it. I'm sending it to them today.

Background: I joined this site earlier this year to get advice and give where I can. I also love the deals offered on here and have previously only dealt with Dennis (Tallc), who is a supporting vendor on here. I've spent a good amount of money with him and we've had zero issues. Needless to say, should there be a problem with any of the stuff purchased for him, I know he would be 100% behind his products. This seller is not.

Note: This may very well be an isolated case and everyone else's items may work flawlessly. These are electronics and most of us have had them fail within a short time of being purchased, I am aware of that. However, I expect people to stand behind what they sell and not blame installation and everything else under the sun instead.

Notice to future buyers: Items may work great, but if they fail...you're on your own. Do not expect any recourse from this seller. I recommend only paying with a credit card through PayPal so you can have that added protection from your bank. I'm not trying to sway anyone from buying these products, but full disclosure is a must and you must be aware to buy at your own risk.

Used stuff is like that kinda take your chances be sure to eave feedback. Did you give him a copy of the installers notes? A lot of times people just "say" they had it professionally installed offering proof might help.

I have the receipt for the installation, but this isn't in question. The seller told PayPal that the reason the amp failed is because I had it professionally installed. So the amp being handled by another party is what caused it to fail allegedly. This item is not used and is not sold as used. It's sold as BNIB and what I got was a cosmetically pristine item in the original DD packaging. I'm most pissed about lack of recourse on seller's part rather than the amp failing itself.

I'll just stick to the facts.
1. Saw this thread, seems like a great deal. Paid $515 for m2b shipped. Got the item a week later, installed this past Saturday by the shop that does all my other installs.

2. 30 minutes into the drive back, heard an electrical pop, followed by "that" smell. Amp was not abused and did not go into protection at all. Was very hot when I touched it. I've had quite a few amps in 15 yrs of car audio and have only blown 1 amp - it was a Boss.

3. Contacted seller, first thing I was told is that he will not replace my amp. Recommended I take it back to the shop so they can power it back on. No, it's fried.

4. Filed claim with PayPal, which was denied. Seller fought me on this every step of the way and said I'm lying.

5. Spoke with DD and explained what happened, they predicted PayPal will side with seller, though I was comforted with the fact that they will take care of me and it won't cost an arm and a leg repairing it. I'm sending it to them today.

Background: I joined this site earlier this year to get advice and give where I can. I also love the deals offered on here and have previously only dealt with Dennis (Tallc), who is a supporting vendor on here. I've spent a good amount of money with him and we've had zero issues. Needless to say, should there be a problem with any of the stuff purchased for him, I know he would be 100% behind his products. This seller is not.

Note: This may very well be an isolated case and everyone else's items may work flawlessly. These are electronics and most of us have had them fail within a short time of being purchased, I am aware of that. However, I expect people to stand behind what they sell and not blame installation and everything else under the sun instead.

Notice to future buyers: Items may work great, but if they fail...you're on your own. Do not expect any recourse from this seller. I recommend only paying with a credit card through PayPal so you can have that added protection from your bank. I'm not trying to sway anyone from buying these products, but full disclosure is a must and you must be aware to buy at your own risk.
did u buy the amp from this seller ?

Cosmetically brand new, no signs of use. One of the screw posts to screw the amp down was bent, but that was it.

DD said they'll be able to tell why the amp failed when they get it, so I will post that on here as well once they get back to me.

Cosmetically brand new, no signs of use. One of the screw posts to screw the amp down was bent, but that was it.
honestly then seller had no clue the amp would do that and that is a dd product failing and comes with the territory of buying dd from an un authorized dealer and what i mean is dd does not allow any online sales and u need to buy local . this stinks and i can see why u are upset but did u give seller a chance to offer any help or was it a straight up paypal claim ? either way im sure op is not an active dd dealer so warranty would be out of the question and of course i have rarely ever hard anyone say it was my fault why the amp blew so until a cause of death can be determined it's hard to say exactly why it failed .

my advise to you is DO NOT HAVE DD REPAIR THAT AMP NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS . why ? i have seen way too many amps get shipped to them minty and come back all scrtached up and they blow right back up . send that amp to corey brandes or db-r please .

honestly then seller had no clue the amp would do that and that is a dd product failing and comes with the territory of buying dd from an un authorized dealer and what i mean is dd does not allow any online sales and u need to buy local . this stinks and i can see why u are upset but did u give seller a chance to offer any help or was it a straight up paypal claim ? either way im sure op is not an active dd dealer so warranty would be out of the question and of course i have rarely ever hard anyone say it was my fault why the amp blew so until a cause of death can be determined it's hard to say exactly why it failed .
my advise to you is DO NOT HAVE DD REPAIR THAT AMP NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS . why ? i have seen way too many amps get shipped to them minty and come back all scrtached up and they blow right back up . send that amp to corey brandes or db-r please .
Do you have links to their profiles? Lucky you got me, I was about to walk out and go to the post office. I am not blaming the seller for the amp blowing and I am not suggesting any malice on his part during the course of the sale. I just find it maddening for lack of action. I had a phone conversation with him Sunday, day after it blew, he IMMEDIATELY stated that he will not replace the amp. Could he have replaced it? Absolutely, this thread clearly states he has 2 of these amps for sale. Lesson learned, I will stick to dealing with proven sellers only.

bro i an a witness to one amp dd destroyed during a repair and have bought plenty of dd m4a after dd repaired them and they fail . honestly i think the amp could have gotten damaged during delivery since u say it had a bent leg . fyi i seen plenty of amps fail after they have been dropped . does the cosmetic damage look like it was from shipping ? if so try filing a damage claim .

dB-r Electronics Online Store, Amplifier Sales and Service

corey brandes is a member on here im sure . let me see if it is cool to pm you his number

bro i an a witness to one amp dd destroyed during a repair and have bought plenty of dd m4a after dd repaired them and they fail . honestly i think the amp could have gotten damaged during delivery since u say it had a bent leg . fyi i seen plenty of amps fail after they have been dropped . does the cosmetic damage look like it was from shipping ? if so try filing a damage claim .dB-r Electronics Online Store, Amplifier Sales and Service

corey brandes is a member on here im sure . let me see if it is cool to pm you his number
Yeah, that'd be great. I reached out to him on FB, but it said it'll go to his "other" folder lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.