Fog Lights

ghawkes10
10+ year member

MD
Hello,

I had the Honda dealership install foglights on a 2005 Honda Accord. However, the fog lights only come on when the headlights are on. I want to rewire so that I can have my foglights on with either the parking lights on alone or both parking lights and headlights. How could I go about this?

Thanks for help.

I don't "need" it. I think it looks good, IMO. All the European cars hook their foglights in the same configuration. Regardless, do you know if it is possible?

Thanks

if they installed aftermarket lights, then they had to tap into your headlight wire somewhere...either under the hood or behind the switch in the car. locate where they spliced in, remove it, then get a test light to see what wire gets 12v power when you have your parking lights on, but turns off when you flip the switch to off, then just tap it in.

btw, i too think its foolish to make this change. i never seen a guy driving around with his fog lights on, but headlights off. my fog lights only work when the headlights are on.

There is one circumstance where fogs only would be good...heavy snow at night. Headlights can be useless if the snow is hard enough, even on low. Fogs would eliminate the optical "illusion" and allow you to see and concentrate on the road better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.