Focal VRs, Pioneer PRS, or ID Comps?

Ferendon
10+ year member

Proabbly drukn
I'm a dealer for all three, so cost isn't too much of an issue. I like the VRs quite well, the PRS I've heard great things about and my current fronts are Pioneer D-series, and I recently found out I can get ID through distribution, so they've become an option, that I've never heard. I've got 75x4 @ 4 Ohms, and rear channels are essentially unused, so I could easily bridge to 150x2.

If you like bright highs the focal will be your cup of tea, if you like it laid back the PRS and ID's will be your choice. All 3 are very nice comps and you can not go wrong.

I'm not technically a dealer, but I can get them through an authorized wholesale distributor. I work for Car Toys in Lewisville. The good thing is, since they come from distribution, my company has no control over what I sell them for, as long as I cover cost. Although, in respect for ID and my industry as a whole, I won't be making a habit of selling them for less than market value. People who don't work in my industry don't understand that places like woofersetc, parts express, and **** like that is quite literally killing the car audio industry in a VERY quick fashion. It's nearly impossible to see the impact they make from a consumer stand point. It's reached a point that we're seeing things like Pioneer dropping their Premier line of products as of January 1st. They're not the first or only one that are having to make certain cuts just to stay in business and minimize the number of things that they have to price protect from trans-shippers.

I'm honestly thing that ID is what I'm gonna end up with. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a complete ID system, because the price is right. Everything in my car now, I got for free from Pioneer, but one of my mids is starting to get kind of scratchy sounding.

Also found out today I can get RE and US Amps as well. Eyeballed the RE XXX comps as well, and I'm getting a price on those tomorrow.

I get the PRS comps for about $100 cheaper (shipped), than they sell for on eBay without shipping, but I'm waiting on a price on the ID comps, so that'll really be the deciding factor.

The next question is, which ID comps to get...

I don't know much about they're lines but I see a lot of talk about the CTX65CS... I want something with closer to 150w RMS per side, but I'm sure the CTX can handle that. My amp is 75x4 @ 4 ohm, 150x4 @ 2 Ohm, and 300x2 @ 4 Ohm...

I'm not technically a dealer, but I can get them through an authorized wholesale distributor. I work for Car Toys in Lewisville. The good thing is, since they come from distribution, my company has no control over what I sell them for, as long as I cover cost. Although, in respect for ID and my industry as a whole, I won't be making a habit of selling them for less than market value. People who don't work in my industry don't understand that places like woofersetc, parts express, and **** like that is quite literally killing the car audio industry in a VERY quick fashion. It's nearly impossible to see the impact they make from a consumer stand point. It's reached a point that we're seeing things like Pioneer dropping their Premier line of products as of January 1st. They're not the first or only one that are having to make certain cuts just to stay in business and minimize the number of things that they have to price protect from trans-shippers.I'm honestly thing that ID is what I'm gonna end up with. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a complete ID system, because the price is right. Everything in my car now, I got for free from Pioneer, but one of my mids is starting to get kind of scratchy sounding.

Also found out today I can get RE and US Amps as well. Eyeballed the RE XXX comps as well, and I'm getting a price on those tomorrow.

I get the PRS comps for about $100 cheaper (shipped), than they sell for on eBay without shipping, but I'm waiting on a price on the ID comps, so that'll really be the deciding factor.
Are you for real? Your not a dealer but you can get Image Dynamics products from a distributor and your going to sell them at "market value"! It's guy LIKE YOU that have destroyed this industry. I have already been in contact with your "authorized distributor" and I don't think you'll be able to get any ID products. I can't believe that you would have so little common sense as to spout off at the mouth about how "trans-shippers" are killing this industry then admit to doing the same thing! Then "out of respect for Image Dynamics" you are going to "sell it for market value".

Thanks but no thanks. Stick to the brands that Car Toys sells, don't do me any favors. Really.

First off, I haven't sold a **** thing, other than in my store, from the brands we carry. The only reason I'd contemplate buying them from the distributor would be personal use. With the market trending toward transshippers prices it would not make sense to attempt to sell them for MAP. I guess I worded my previous post pretty poorly. In order to sell them without beinga direct dealer, I would have to match places like woofersetc, which is something I refuse to do. I don't do it with the brands I carry and I surely wouldn't do it with brands I don't. I definitely don't care to do business with someone who would rather act like a child, rather than sending a PM first to try and not blow **** out of proportion. I respect the fact that you made an attempt to protect your product, which I wish I saw more of from other manus. I surely don't agree with your methods, though. I get employee accoms from the brands I carry, yet I thought enough of your product that I considered them for my personal car based on your reputation. I apologize for stepping on toes, and that wasn't my intention, but you've turned it into more of a **** storm then you can imagine. A simple PM would have easily clarified things, and avoided a lot of confusion and problems.

I'm not technically a dealer, but I can get them through an authorized wholesale distributor. I work for Car Toys in Lewisville. The good thing is, since they come from distribution, my company has no control over what I sell them for, as long as I cover cost. Although, in respect for ID and my industry as a whole, I won't be making a habit of selling them for less than market value. People who don't work in my industry don't understand that places like woofersetc, parts express, and **** like that is quite literally killing the car audio industry in a VERY quick fashion. It's nearly impossible to see the impact they make from a consumer stand point. They're not the first or only one that are having to make certain cuts just to stay in business and minimize the number of things that they have to price protect from trans-shippers.I'm honestly thing that ID is what I'm gonna end up with. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a complete ID system, because the price is right.
please define transshipping. in your words.

The next question is, which ID comps to get...I don't know much about they're lines but I see a lot of talk about the CTX65CS... I want something with closer to 150w RMS per side, but I'm sure the CTX can handle that. My amp is 75x4 @ 4 ohm, 150x4 @ 2 Ohm, and 300x2 @ 4 Ohm...
if your going all out get the XS series mids and some horns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Are you for real? Your not a dealer but you can get Image Dynamics products from a distributor and your going to sell them at "market value"! It's guy LIKE YOU that have destroyed this industry. I have already been in contact with your "authorized distributor" and I don't think you'll be able to get any ID products. I can't believe that you would have so little common sense as to spout off at the mouth about how "trans-shippers" are killing this industry then admit to doing the same thing! Then "out of respect for Image Dynamics" you are going to "sell it for market value". Thanks but no thanks. Stick to the brands that Car Toys sells, don't do me any favors. Really.
planning on selling it when ur not a dealer is transshipping.

First off, I haven't sold a **** thing, other than in my store, from the brands we carry. The only reason I'd contemplate buying them from the distributor would be personal use. With the market trending toward transshippers prices it would not make sense to attempt to sell them for MAP. I guess I worded my previous post pretty poorly. In order to sell them without beinga direct dealer, I would have to match places like woofersetc, which is something I refuse to do. I don't do it with the brands I carry and I surely wouldn't do it with brands I don't. I definitely don't care to do business with someone who would rather act like a child, rather than sending a PM first to try and not blow **** out of proportion. I respect the fact that you made an attempt to protect your product, which I wish I saw more of from other manus. I surely don't agree with your methods, though. I get employee accoms from the brands I carry, yet I thought enough of your product that I considered them for my personal car based on your reputation. I apologize for stepping on toes, and that wasn't my intention, but you've turned it into more of a **** storm then you can imagine. A simple PM would have easily clarified things, and avoided a lot of confusion and problems.
Woofersetc is the ONLY AUTHORIZED online dealer. so they aren't transshipping ID products.

He's doing his job. why send a pm when he's trying to make sure EVERYONE knows that ID does not stand for that kind of thing. You started out by saying you can get it even though your not a dealer and that you would sell it. "my company has no control over what I sell them for". you shouldn't be sellin them at all your not authorized to. to me i saw no confusion. you clearly stated you wanted to get them and sell them but it would be at market value. as for a **** storm, Sean likes those.

pioneer prs anyday.. there a better set than ethier..

id is overpriced, focal is as well..

focals best sets are the pk and the utopias..

i never was impress by the low/mid line id stuff for the money..

you could grab some dls r6a for 15 more bucks...

or cdt cl-62 set for 35 more..

as far the subs there nice..

for 550 you could grab the dls UP6, and a acendant audio aresnal 12.. which imo would sound notably better.. for another 100 the stereo integrity mag v4..

I had Focal Polyglass, Rainbow Germanium, and now have Image Dynamics CXS64. If I could take the tweeter from the Germanium and the mid from the CXS64 then I think it would be the perfect set. The Germanium tweeter was a bit smoother sounding and detailed than the Image Dynamics tweeter (I have version 1). I'm not sure how the Version 2 sounds but supposedly it is improved.

The mid in the CXS64 is really nice. I think it may be one of the best sounding mids on the market.

The removable phase plug on the CXS64 is kind of cheap and I accidentally broke it just by overtightening the screw and I didn't even tighten it that much (the phase plug could still turn). Also the tweeters seem a big shrill/harsh at times but I think I will fix that with an EQ I should be getting soon.

On the Focals the tweeter seemed way to harsh to me and I found them to be a bit fatiguing. I'm not a fan of the aluminum Focal tweeter. The beryllium tweeters in my Utopia home speakers sound phenomenal though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If I were you I would bridge the amp for two channels and get the ID CXS64v2. Prepare for some door rattles though because those mids really hit hard.

I'm not technically a dealer, but I can get them through an authorized wholesale distributor. I work for Car Toys in Lewisville. The good thing is, since they come from distribution, my company has no control over what I sell them for, as long as I cover cost. Although, in respect for ID and my industry as a whole, I won't be making a habit of selling them for less than market value. People who don't work in my industry don't understand that places like woofersetc, parts express, and **** like that is quite literally killing the car audio industry in a VERY quick fashion. It's nearly impossible to see the impact they make from a consumer stand point. It's reached a point that we're seeing things like Pioneer dropping their Premier line of products as of January 1st. They're not the first or only one that are having to make certain cuts just to stay in business and minimize the number of things that they have to price protect from trans-shippers.I'm honestly thing that ID is what I'm gonna end up with. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a complete ID system, because the price is right. Everything in my car now, I got for free from Pioneer, but one of my mids is starting to get kind of scratchy sounding.

TROLL............

I can't comment on the PRS but I like the Focal over the ID. I prefer a sharp detailed tweeter and don't find them harsh. The mid I find balanced but not too forward.

The ID does have a great midbass sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.