Focal Performance 165AS or Morel Tempo Ultra 602?

rywynn_13
10+ year member

Im debating on which components for my front stage and was leaning toward these options but not sure which way to go.

These would be at the top of my price range, maybe a bit out of it, but if there are any others that you would recommend that would be comparable to these I am open to suggestions.

After looking and listening to the Focal access 165AS and pricing the Morel tempo (not Ultras), I ordered Maestro cs-6508 (which I had listen to Saturday) from some dude in Germany. $203. I liked them more than the Focals and saved a couple dollars.

I listened to those Focals and the Morel Tempo Ultra 602s. The highs on the Focals were very harsh and ear piercing when turned up. I purchased the Tempo Ultras and they have been the best purchase for my car audio system. The highs from these are extremely smooth. I can turn the volume up for an entire CD and when I finish that CD I find that my ears are NOT ringing. And even more impressive was the mid bass reproduction. More bass than I would have ever expected. Of course, I also had my doors deadened. But, I have enough bass in my car that I don't think I need a subwoofer (well, that may be an overexageation, but when I have the volume up the bass response is much better than expected).

I strongly urge you to get the Morels. You can get them for $265 on Ebay (or maybe even less if he accepts your "best offer").

In what vehicle will they be going? I have a '91 Accord and the tweeters had to be cut into the door panels. But, I am absolutely thrilled with them. I definitely would buy these again for my next car.

If you google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" you will find a build log from someone on diymobilaudio.com. He used these speakers and talked quite a lot about them in his build log. Check out his review.

I went with your recommendation and ordered the morel tempo ultras. ?

I have a 2014 ram 1500 crew cab.

Now I just need to figure out an amp for these babies

From whom did you order them? Just curious. Also, if you haven't already done this, make sure you deaden the doors. This will, also, make a huge improvement in bass response.

No plans to go active. I've gone many rounds with sound deadening on my past vehicles and it's no different with this one.

I have a JL Audio 12w3v3 in a Fox Box with an alpine mrv-m500 mono amp.

Just ordered the morels.

Still working on where to go as far as an amp for the components and a head unit and some filler 6x9s for the rear doors. Thinking 2 channel amp for components but don't see any from alpine and that's my usual go to for amps

I could use help with all of that so don't be shy lol

Got components in eBay from a certified seller for $295 shipped. Made offer and they accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.