Focal ES 165 KX2 speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,
I have two set of Focal ES165 KX2 speakers, I will run 4 channel amp for front set. I have other amp but only two channel. Can I run two channel amp to other set of ES165 KX2 for rear? On passive x over that came with speakers have 4 channel input. Please advise.

Here is the link of speaker ES 165 KX2 | Focal America

Thank you,
Is there any reason you want to keep rears? Are you planning on time aligning and using your DSP for anything that would require each speaker having a dedicated channel?

Is there any reason you want to keep rears? Are you planning on time aligning and using your DSP for anything that would require each speaker having a dedicated channel?
Since I already bought rear speakers and just want to use it. I have Helix .2 DSP but only 8 channel and that would do front 2 tweeters, 2 mid and sub so it will take 6 channel. I am just going to put the rear in and use it when someone sit on the back seat. But when I tune DSP I will turn off rear channel.

Since I already bought rear speakers and just want to use it. I have Helix .2 DSP but only 8 channel and that would do front 2 tweeters, 2 mid and sub so it will take 6 channel. I am just going to put the rear in and use it when someone sit on the back seat. But when I tune DSP I will turn off rear channel.
with a properly done front stage, you can be heard a whole football field away loud and clear. There's no reason passengers a few feet away cant hear.

Hello,
I have two set of Focal ES165 KX2 speakers, I will run 4 channel amp for front set. I have other amp but only two channel. Can I run two channel amp to other set of ES165 KX2 for rear? On passive x over that came with speakers have 4 channel input. Please advise.

Here is the link of speaker ES 165 KX2 | Focal America

Thank you,
Refer to page 14 of the user installation manual for instructions on powering the passive crossovers with 2 amplifier channels.

with a properly done front stage, you can be heard a whole football field away loud and clear. There's no reason passengers a few feet away cant hear.
Yes, but since I spent $800 for that set, it would be nice to use it. If I knew that I don't need rear speaker so I would save $800. It is my bad.

Refer to page 14 of the user installation manual for instructions on powering the passive crossovers with 2 amplifier channels.
Thank you. The information is not clear to me. As you can see from picture, left channel go into left input on passive x over but on the x over have a red sticker shown Bi Amp (input) and those are 4 channel input. So I don't know where to put one + and one - to those 4 input. Please see pics below.

Please advise.

Thank you. The information is not clear to me. As you can see from picture, left channel go into left input on passive x over but on the x over have a red sticker shown Bi Amp (input) and those are 4 channel input. So I don't know where to put one + and one - to those 4 input. Please see pics below.Please advise.
Use a small piece of wire, your speaker wire is good, to bridge between + and + and another wire to bridge between - and -. Then it doesn't matter which pair of terminals you connect the amplifier wires to as both input terminals will be sharing the power.

Use a small piece of wire, your speaker wire is good, to bridge between + and + and another wire to bridge between - and -. Then it doesn't matter which pair of terminals you connect the amplifier wires to as both input terminals will be sharing the power.
Thank you so much. Now I can use all of my amps and all Helix .2 DSP channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.