Focal & JL Sound System.

my point is simply that just because it's in high end audio doesn't mean it's good. Sony makes some decent home audio products, does that mean their car audio products are good also?
Just talking strictly about the xplod line of course.
complete difference.. as In its the SAME wire.. if you took sonys home audio and incorporated it properly in your car it would work well

go with what you planned its a good setup and will sound great.. people get a little butt hurt when you mention brands they can't afford and don't buy from the classifieds which 10% or more times people get scammed and there are no warranties.. more the new people than anyone..
x2

[new guy on forum] hey guys, what do you think of the w6 for a sq setup[/]

[random ca member]get the fi q, it'll hit harder[/]

see it all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'm not big in JL audio but they do make nice stuff

yes yes i understand all that ****, but do you think I would recommend the OP to go out and buy a Cuspid amp? With the amp technology nowadays all those THD and Signal to noise ratios all fall into the range that is indistinguishable by normal human hearing. But let's not get into a bitch fight about that since i'm tired of it and it's just the same arguments over and over again.
maybe indistinguishable subjectively, but when compared side by side. The difference is noticable, not to mention that those aren't the only differences. I'm not engineer so i'm not going to pretend i'm a master of electronics, but I think you are probably in a very small minority if you really think a JL amp and a RF sound the same.

I mean by your own argument, Why does sony ****? For example, The THD and SN ratios on the amp in my sig are comparable to Kicker, JBL, or many other top brands. So what makes the xplodes **** so much, in your opinion. Keep in mind, mine has been functioning perfectly almost 6 years.

Op, That setup would be very nice.
He's talking about 2 amps that will both do

There are questions of durability,

Signal processing,

THD,

Signal to noise ratios,

Efficiency.

And if you go with slash amps a very handy RIPS system.

Op, don't let this forum fool you. Any one in their right mind would put JL in the top 10 best of major audio electronics manufacturer. And focal's speakers are probably in the top 5.

That said, The best equiptment in a **** install is a **** setup. Having good equipment will not gurantee a nice setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Thanks man, that's why I'm going to get it all set up in a specialized shop that my friend owns, so that I don't **** it up. I'll just watch it and try to learn something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

go with what you planned its a good setup and will sound great.. people get a little butt hurt when you mention brands they can't afford and don't buy from the classifieds which 10% or more times people get scammed and there are no warranties.. more the new people than anyone..
I did get quite surprised tbh, that when i posted my set with Focal and JL, I didn't really hear any "Yes there very good, go for it!". That's what I really expected.

Your set up will sound great if installed properly. What you are really missing is damplifier for your doors and trunk. Cover your doors with one coat and you will be good to go. Your car will sound like an acoustical home theater.

Not the best choice in amps though. Zed's Leviathon would do you better. Better quality than JL's. If you're stuck with JL get a slash amp

The w6 will sound nice though. May I ask what kind of car you have in Brazil? I'm going to guess a mercedes

Mate, this isn't the point on which i created this topic. If its going to be stolen or not, that doesn't matter. I created it to see your guys opinion on the system i had in mind.
Welcome to the internet.

I was going to steer you towards the idea of a better arm before a better system, but I actually don't care. Let it be.

By the way, ignore some of these users. They can be ignorant sometimes.

You'll definitely want to invest in a high quality alarm system such as a Viper alarm system to protect your investment (if you want to hear it all 5 years that is lol)

By the way, ignore some of these users. They can be ignorant sometimes.
You'll definitely want to invest in a high quality alarm system such as a Viper alarm system to protect your investment (if you want to hear it all 5 years that is lol)
Hah geeze, Brazil isn't that dangerous, at least where my universities at. But I agree, I will invest on a good alarm, not going to play around. And the other reason that makes it less reliable to get stolen, is that I’m not going to live in a Republic. I got myself a flat, that my car will be parked inside the buildings car park //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif so it’s all good!

Your set up will sound great if installed properly. What you are really missing is damplifier for your doors and trunk. Cover your doors with one coat and you will be good to go. Your car will sound like an acoustical home theater.
Not the best choice in amps though. Zed's Leviathon would do you better. Better quality than JL's. If you're stuck with JL get a slash amp

The w6 will sound nice though. May I ask what kind of car you have in Brazil? I'm going to guess a mercedes
The specialized shop called Still, will do all the setup, including installation of dynamat sheets on all the car, to damp outside sound.

And man I WISH i had a Mercedes, not that much, because it would get stolen in a few days here haha. But yea, I have a cheap car, since its my first one. Its a Corsa Hatch Maxx 1.4 2010 :/ at least its 0km and will do my needs, i guess it's good for now lol.

What you have is a good setup, however; doing research, and taking some time, could produce a better system for a better price. The question is whether you would be willing to do that, rather than for you to either take advice from others, or to just go with what you have.

The DIY drivers would be ideal if you were doing this yourself, to design the makeup of the system around those drivers. And they are significantly cheaper than any other component set you would buy. But you would have to do your own research into the drivers, and design it yourself. It would take a while and some basic knowledge audio technology.

For a quality system, make sure the shop is building it well. Including proper alignment of the drivers and deadening.

And, the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif No power to speak of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

#1. JL HD amps are very good. Are they expensive? Yes. If you can afford it, then it's not an issue. If you cannot, then look elsewhere. Period.

#2. The guys recommending the new Zed amps... have you even heard them? (no, you haven't). Better yet, have you heard about the noise issues? The cost is comparable to the JL HD amps. I know. I shopped them for my wife's car last week. I actually shopped them for my car a few months back, too.

OP, decide just what you need and what your goals are. That's priority #1.

Next, state a budget and stick to it.

These 2 factors will determine what you need and what you buy.

It sounds like you:

a) are relatively inexperienced

b) have plenty of money to throw around

c) have access to a reliable installation bay

You are going to be thrilled with just about anything you throw in there - I can guarantee you that. The equipment you've picked out is solid, and will probably be indistinguishable (to you) when compared to any other similarly priced system. If you have the money to spend, go for it. You don't have much to lose as opposed to going with different brands, such as Fi, RE, Sundown, that will undoubtedly be championed on this forum.

WOW, its almost like a crime to mention JL on this forum...

Dudes freah out the box cut him some slack...

Man even if you decided to go with the system you mentioned, your STILL soild all the way around, alot closer to the top then the bottom that for sure!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.