focal access coaxils or boston acustics se65

Participant count
  • Participant list

mdsniper7
10+ year member

tampa fl
so I am running a ba gta 1105 5 channel amp and a punch 10 p1 sub however I cant figure out what speakers to use.

Now the ba are 120 for all 4 they are the new se line

The focal's are the access line. They are 120 a pair so 240 total. Now with my amp etc which are the better speaker or is the price difference worth it will I notice a huge difference in sound, or will they both sound great.

also are both these better than a alpine type s speaker

you cant go wrong with either one really. check ebay though looks like you can save urself 40 bucks Focal 165 CA1 6-1/2" 2-way Access 1 Series Coaxial 6.5" Car Stereo Speakers | eBay and thats from sonic electronix, which is a well known car audio site.
ive never had focal speakers, but i heard them in the local car audio shop and i was very impressed. more then likely going with focal if i ever need new speakers.

btw - ur on the fit forums right?? lol
yep lol, yea evrything is getting installed today I am just stuck on the speakers lol cause I have heard good about both lol.

Focal's lower line is very unimpressive in my opinion. The only reason I see a person buying them is because of the Focal name. But, I guess that linked price of about $100 isnt too bad. The Boston SE's are very nice for the price though. I ran a set of the SE coaxs on 175wrms per side while I was between builds in sealed kicks and they did very well actually. Crossed them down at 63hz 18db/octave. Also ran them full range in my bedroom on 50wrms per side for a little while and they had nice midbass and clean vocals and crisp highs.

If you were willing to pay the extra for the Focal name, why not step up to higher line Bostons, like the SC line, or run a SE comp set or Pioneer D Series comp set (talk about midbass!)....

Focal's lower line is very unimpressive in my opinion. The only reason I see a person buying them is because of the Focal name. But, I guess that linked price of about $100 isnt too bad. The Boston SE's are very nice for the price though. I ran a set of the SE coaxs on 175wrms per side while I was between builds in sealed kicks and they did very well actually. Crossed them down at 63hz 18db/octave. Also ran them full range in my bedroom on 50wrms per side for a little while and they had nice midbass and clean vocals and crisp highs.
If you were willing to pay the extra for the Focal name, why not step up to higher line Bostons, like the SC line, or run a SE comp set or Pioneer D Series comp set (talk about midbass!)....
i dont want to spend the money lol Im at budget with my set up and the se's but I just here focals are best lol so was like dangit do I have to but wow that much on the se,s they say 35rms on them how did u get more

i dont want to spend the money lol Im at budget with my set up and the se's but I just here focals are best lol so was like dangit do I have to but wow that much on the se,s they say 35rms on them how did u get more
Focal does make nice speakers when u get up into the higher lines. Because of that, ppl hear Focal and say its gotta be good, its Focal. Also consider when reading around on forums,especially about speakers its all personal preference and you will also have people recommending speakers they have never heard before but they just think they're cool.

On the note of the power to the SE's, I pretty much ignore power ratings on speakers. Companies dont derive these figures the same way, so they're useless to me. Also, in the range these speakers will be playing, music is so dynamic that they will never see the full power anyway. As long as its clean power they'll do fine.

My Pioneer D-series comp set was rated at 60rms for the whole set, I ran 150rms to each mid alone..zero issues.

My current mids are rated at 30wrms...giving them right at about 80wrms....zero issues.

See what I mean? and I've never blown a door speaker!

Focal does make nice speakers when u get up into the higher lines. Because of that, ppl hear Focal and say its gotta be good, its Focal. Also consider when reading around on forums,especially about speakers its all personal preference and you will also have people recommending speakers they have never heard before but they just think they're cool.
On the note of the power to the SE's, I pretty much ignore power ratings on speakers. Companies dont derive these figures the same way, so they're useless to me. Also, in the range these speakers will be playing, music is so dynamic that they will never see the full power anyway. As long as its clean power they'll do fine.

My Pioneer D-series comp set was rated at 60rms for the whole set, I ran 150rms to each mid alone..zero issues.

My current mids are rated at 30wrms...giving them right at about 80wrms....zero issues.

See what I mean? and I've never blown a door speaker!
awsome thank u, u made me happy with my purchase

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.