Focal 165V Slim or Diamond M661

SMUAlien
10+ year member

I have a choice to make between the two today. Problem is I will not have a chance to hear either one and just have to rely on what y'all say. I heard the Diamonds once and they sounded alittle bright but good. I have yet to hear the focals but I know they have a good reputation. I have minimum mounting depth so I am going with either one of these speakers. What do you think?

Thanks for the insight.

mudd
10+ year member

I don't care which one you get, as long as I don't have to put them in.

I've heard Focals before. I like Focals, I know they're good. Don't know much about the Diamonds. I'd go with the CDTs or the Focals myself.

OP
S

SMUAlien
10+ year member

Well Kurt you don't have to put them in. Seeing as you're my friend though I would appreciate the help. But since it's such a hassle to you I won't bother you with it.

Nick you've only heard the Diamonds for no more than 5 minutes max, there's no way you'd know if they were fatiguing.

Unreal
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Back when they first came out, I listened to them at audio express for a long time. Thats when I didn't like them the first time. Second time they didnt' sound bad, but nothing special.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.