Focal 165V Slim or Diamond M661

SMUAlien
10+ year member

I have a choice to make between the two today. Problem is I will not have a chance to hear either one and just have to rely on what y'all say. I heard the Diamonds once and they sounded alittle bright but good. I have yet to hear the focals but I know they have a good reputation. I have minimum mounting depth so I am going with either one of these speakers. What do you think?

Thanks for the insight.

I don't care which one you get, as long as I don't have to put them in.

I've heard Focals before. I like Focals, I know they're good. Don't know much about the Diamonds. I'd go with the CDTs or the Focals myself.

Well Kurt you don't have to put them in. Seeing as you're my friend though I would appreciate the help. But since it's such a hassle to you I won't bother you with it.

Nick you've only heard the Diamonds for no more than 5 minutes max, there's no way you'd know if they were fatiguing.

Back when they first came out, I listened to them at audio express for a long time. Thats when I didn't like them the first time. Second time they didnt' sound bad, but nothing special.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.