FM modulator for JVC CD changer

Participant count
  • Participant list

mfranch90

CarAudio.com Newbie
I had a 2008 JVC stereo head unit and JVC CH-X1500 12disc changer installed in a VW. It all worked good. Sold the VW, but pulled & kept all this JVC equipment. Simply put the factory radio back in.

Currently have a 2018 Pioneer stereo in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It works great. I was looking to try and put this JVC ch-X1500 CD changer into this Jeep. I know there was a "X1500RF" version that would basically allow hooking it up to the FM antenna (& play on 88.1 FM frquency). I believe the only difference was that it came with the KS-RF150 controller unit that would allow being able to pick the disc and track (instead of control through a JVC head unit). The actual CD changer was the same as my X1500.

While I can't seem to find a KS-RF150 controller unit, I see several KS-RF100 controller units (that came with earlier JVC CD changers) on ebay.

Is there any chance anybody knows if the KS-RF100 controller unit can be used with my CH-X1500 CD changer. They look real similar and I think the JVC connections over the yrs were pretty much the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...