Flame thrower

67camaross
10+ year member

NJ
hey

Anyone know about the Flame thrower kits sold by autoloc. I've seen them for 100 bucks plus cost of two coils and spark plugs. Baisicly i want to know what kind of damage this will do to my engine. I have a 67 camaro ss so the install should be pretty easy but just worried about damaging my car.

Also how do u think it would look on my car...is it worth it?

not sure on damage, only expierience is reading that article about that car that had it done in the cover story of car audio and electronics few months back. I think its worth it for the wow factor, especially for $100.

yea i think there worth it too my only concern is that i heard they burn the oil in the engine so u have to add oil more often so i am wondering if they could damage the rings and such if the flames are going back toward the engine.

Also can i get those nice blue flames or will it just be the normal orange

Originally posted by 67camaross yea i think there worth it too my only concern is that i heard they burn the oil in the engine so u have to add oil more often so i am wondering if they could damage the rings and such if the flames are going back toward the engine.

Also can i get those nice blue flames or will it just be the normal orange
What the flame throwers do is burn raw gasoline. So you won't get that blue flame effect. I don't know about damage to your engine though. The sparks need raw fuel so the engine doesn't burn the fuel so it can be sent through the exhaust. That' another thing i hate in F&F is when they are racing and flames shoot out the exhaust. How fake is that ****.

they dont do any damage to da engine i believe.

i saw it in Truck TV and u put the spark plugs at almost the tip of the exhaust, and the gasoline or CO2 from the exhaust iginites the fire. of course u'll have a switch to ignite the spark plugs too.

the only damage i can think of is that if u dont do it properly the bumper might get very hot n melt, or the exhaust tip (just the tip) might get messed up too.

Of course it will do some damage it has to delay your timing to send raw fuel down the exhaust it will shorten the life of the motor plus u cant run a catalatic converter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

67camaross

10+ year member
67camaross
NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from