first work with plexi / lexan

so i'm about to do an install for an MX van. one of the ideas that the owner had is to put either plexiglass or laxan pieces between the subs and the amps.

first question... is it really going to make much difference if i use plexiglass or lexan?

i am planning on bead blasting it, but i'm torn between either dulling out the numbers or dulling out everything but the numbers. any thoughts?

Drill 5mm holes in the sides of the lexan; Just large enough for LEDs.

If you blast everything but the numbers/letters, then the numbers/letters will be "outlined" in light, and the rest will be illuminated;

If you blast only the letters/numbers, they'll be outlined in light AND illuminated.

If you don't need to see through it, put a mirror or mylar film behind it; Should make a great effect.

what numbers???
it's an MX van... the numbers in question are his racing numbers.

thanks for the suggestion of using mylar. the box will be housed under a seat taken from a conversion van. the subs will be on each end of the box. the plexi will be the front plates to separate enclosures, with the amps mounted in the middle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

carhartt_ford

carhartt_ford
Fargo, ND / Great Falls, MT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
carhartt_ford