First time poster here (sorry if this is the wrong section) NEED HELP please read !

Okay so too start i will give you minor info on the car, the amp, and then the issue at hand

The car is a 1999 Cadillac Deville Concours 4.6L V8 32 Valve Northstar engine

The amp is a PYRAMID PB1217X NEW AMP 1600W 2-CHANNEL BRIDGEABLE MOSFET AMPLIFIER (caps due to copy and paste)

and if it matters i am running two 12'' 800w 4 ohm BOSS audio subs

Now the issue at hand! - my friend installed this amp for me, i watched, he left the car running while he installed it...

he ran the blue remote power wire from the trunk's fuse box, from the Ignition relay fuse

while doing this he managed to cross the car batteries negative lead with the Blue remote

turn on wire and i heard a little pop, the car continued to run fine,

we shut it off and unhooked the negative terminal at the battery, he finished installing,

when we went too start the car everything including the amp system worked,

but turning the key no longer caused the ignition to send a signal too the starter!

Also the in dash computer if you will, failed too illuminate, (under the speedometer where it digitally shows the cars miles and such) so now i am unable to start my car, i assumed it was a simple blown fuse, so i replaced the little red 10 amp fuse labeled (Ignition Relay) and it had zero effect

Any suggestions, insight, or help ? maybe a friendly referral too another forum of help or a local shop possibly ?

Anything helps !

3 things you need to do:

1) get a club or baseball bat

2)get a fuse tester and check all fuses including fuses and relays in engine compartment

3)beat exfriend with bat for working on your car's electrical with the battery connected

3 things you need to do:1) get a club or baseball bat

2)get a fuse tester and check all fuses including fuses and relays in engine compartment

3)beat exfriend with bat for working on your car's electrical with the battery connected
Car turned on, nonetheless.

@OP

First of all I'd recommend doing your installs yourself in the future, the internet has countless resources you may use to help you understand how to install your car audio. Second NEVER work on ANY kind of electrical with the power still on, especially not when the car is running.. Unhook the battery and then begin your work. Third, you probably wont be very satisfied with that equipment and I'd recommend that you do some research on the forums here and find some better alternatives. A hint of advice, stay far away from Pyramid, Boss, Pyle, and Dual..

Car turned on, nonetheless.I think he's saying the acc turned on but the starter is not working. This may mean a starter relay or high amp fuse under the hood could be bad. He may have also burned a connection a little in the trunk fuse box.

Car turned on, nonetheless.I think he's saying the acc turned on but the starter is not working. This may mean a starter relay or high amp fuse under the hood could be bad. He may have also burned a connection a little in the trunk fuse box.
Oh, I wasn't addressing the car issue itself, I was talking about the cause for the issue. I think you're right and that there are a few fuses that are burnt up and possibly connections. @OP I would go to the fuse box and check each fuse 1 by 1 and then report back your findings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.