First Time Box, but its gonna be HOT

Jon403

I'm working on a 3 sub enclosure with a hatchback back that will squeeze right in between my wheel wells. I've read most of the posts on building, but how important is it to have each sub sealed off from the others? I know bracing is important and I was going to put some cross braces in, but should the subs really be sealed from each other even if they are running in parallel? I will post pics when I am done with this install, and thanks in advance.

The big thing with running all of the subs in a common chamber, is if one goes they all have a chance of going. If you divide the enclosure. You will put in the best brace possible by dividing it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have run subs both ways and been very succesful with each. So long as you are not overdriving the subs there should be no issue of blowing one let alone all of them. I have found an advantage tho (in my personal listening preference) by keeping them in the same chamber. It creates a more controlled and tighter cleaner bass than one sitting in its own chamber. Quite often it will be due to a personal preference, but you should be good either way you decide to go..... do keep in mind that if you create a separate chamber for each to add that additional airspace to the enclosure too!

therieticaly (spelling) a common box would be better with the subs pulling back on oneanother creating a tighter response but separate boxes would be safer beacus for any reason if yu need to unhook 1 it will not flap like a passive radiator which is bad if you want to keep the woofer

You have to be careful with putting them in the same chamber because there is always the chance (depending on power and the subs themselves) that you could blow the box apart. I have a friend that didnt brace his box and had three 10's well lets just say its a good thing the trunk was closed and his back seat was in cause wood went fling it sounded kinda cool but he was really pissed.

Looked like somebody threw a grenade in it just to say the least. It probly would have killed somebody if his trunk would have been open. Piece of 3/4" particle board right in somebodys chest. It smelled pretty bad too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.