First post and My sub isn't working, HELP!!!!!!

BassFreak

Hey I haven't posted here before and I was hoping you guys could help me figure this problem out. I have a 8" punch HX2 running off the rear 2 channels of my punch 800a4. Well the other day it just stopped playing. It had done this before but it always turned back on. I changed the rcas because the ones I was using were about 2-3 years old. Still nothing. The power is fine and the fuse isn't blown, the ground is also good. I tried putting it on the front 2 channels and still nothing. I've changed the connections on the rcas on the head unit (connected it to the sub out put, front and back out puts). The wireing on the sub is solid and the sub isn't blown (it still feels like it did when I bought it). And all of the settings on the HU are the same as they have always been. Please HELP!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is something with the sub. It could be blown...what do you mean it feels the same as it did when you bought it. It might also be a scrambled amp. The punch hx2, how many ohms is it? Did you smell anything burnt???

Easy now I like Fosgate.

If you of a friend has access to a multi meter you can check the voice coils and see if they are toast or not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Simply pull the sub out of the box. Turn your multimeter to the little omega sign for resistance. Eahc coil should read somewhere in the vicinity of the nominal impedence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.