Firing towards floor

djXternal
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, building a box for my Jeep, neer built one like this before so I want to make sure there isnt anything I'm overlooking about this. I am building the box raised off the ground about two inches and the subs will be on the underside firing towards the floor in the 2" space, the area at the bottom will only have three sides to it so there is no issue with airflow through there.

Is this ok to install the subs like this? and how close to the floor can I actually install them, could I go with just 1 inch of space? They are 2x JL 10w0's 150W per sub, so not super powerful, but space is a real issue

Need to leave room for excursion and also not all subs like being mounted up/down firing. Normally HT subs that are down firing have 3-4" of clearance, but some low profile ones are only like 2" and I'm sure the subs have very little xmax...

Id be concerned about a 2" opening. if the airspace fired into is small enough, it will act like a port and create a quasi-bandpass effect. id try to raise that thing up to 3 or 4" off the floor to be safe.

Id be concerned about a 2" opening. if the airspace fired into is small enough, it will act like a port and create a quasi-bandpass effect. id try to raise that thing up to 3 or 4" off the floor to be safe.
This would most likely be the best thing to do. 2" just seems a bit small.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.