fire forward or down fire in regular cab truck

travicles
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Right now, I have a Sundown Audio SA-8 on 500 watts and it's awesome. It really came alive when I put it in a .85 cubic foot box tuned to 34 hz (used to have it in a .56 cube box). Right now its firing forward into the passenger seat with a 4" pvc port coming out the side. Its awesome but some say a downfiring box would be even louder? Is it worth it to try? I mean I am happy with it right now but the more bass the better.

Cant say Ive ever personally tried it though if theres room for reflection I say go for it and port into the passenger side.

ah okay thats probably best since i am satisfied with what i have now. i don't really know how to make an angled box anyway which is probably what i would need to do. all my boxes are made with a 20 dollar jigsaw lol. thanks anyways!

its all testing.. so if you come across a free slab of wood and some free time go for it... trucks a different beast than cars too.. so what works there is different...

most truck owners say port to drivers side..

with

subs up

or slide subs all the way to the passenger side.

I too am about to venture into box building for a truck just picked up a 2010 tundra Crewmax already measured out spacing came up with a disappointing 2 cubes before displacement of wood and drivers and my mounting depth is like 5-6

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.