Finished install!! RE8 Pictures and review. Give comments.

Dupuis
10+ year member

You get what you put in
LA
If you click on each picture, some of them have a few details of them.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=5669

This is in a 2004 F-150 Lariat Super Crew. Subs are down firing. I did not want to mess up the look of the front console so I kept my stock 6 disc HU in place and used high to low line convertors. Surprisingly it ended up sounding very good. All I need.

Not much room under rear seat to work with. 6'' at the deepest point. I ended up with .50 cubs tuned to 35 Hz after all displacments. The port ended up being 3'' thin wall PVC aprox. 25.5'' long with one 90 de. turn in it. Not what is rec. for 2 RE8s, but thats all I could get in between the seat brackets. This started out as me just wanting to gain alittle bass. Well I got it and more.

These 8s are unbelieveable. Having competed in the mid 80s with 2 12s, I was blow away at what these little things put out. Because my box was so small for 2 RE8s ported, and not knowing how it would sound, I built 2 boxes, the other was .45 sealed. I tried that one first. Sounded good and I was very pleased, but when I put the subs in my ported box the out put gained was well jaw dropping. This in a .50 ported box how can it be. I was told here and by David at RE that it would be very hard to stop port noise and that my port would be to long for the size box that space would allow. I thought I would just give it a shot and WOW, WOW I sure am glad I did.

Bass is very tight and reaches very low. I hear notes that my 15'' home sub hits. All this with 2 RE8s. Needless to say, I am very happy with my install and would tell any one looking for bass with little areas to deal with to go with these little monsters.

The only other thing I am planning on doing is to upgrade my cheap 4 channel amp to an Avonixx 440.4 to match my other amp. I will stack both where my Avionixx is now.

Sorry so long. Just very pleased with the sound I ended up with.

Thanks for all the advice and help guys!!!

looks very impressive...
how does it sound???? i'm really curious
Well put it this way I can't see anything out of any mirrors. Very amazing little beast.

Bass is very tight and they get down real low. If your tight on space go with these.

I just had someone in my truck and he said "no way those are 8s". I had to flip my box to show him.

very nice and clean install man, gotta love people thinking they are 12+ when they are only 8s
Besides the fact that I get to hear it everyday, that is fun to let people hear it and try to guess what they are. Not many have gotton it right yet!

Nice Bro! I have a Chevy Silverado 2004 and I am about to put 2 10's in it. Just waiting to get the amp (shopping it around of course). Pretty much the same set up with a fiberglass bottom to get all the air space.

Nice Bro! I have a Chevy Silverado 2004 and I am about to put 2 10's in it. Just waiting to get the amp (shopping it around of course). Pretty much the same set up with a fiberglass bottom to get all the air space.

Thanks, 2 10s should hit real good!!

Wow looks very veyr impressive. If noone knew better they wouldnt even know that there was a sub box under the seat. Very very clean...two thumbs up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Wow looks very veyr impressive. If noone knew better they wouldnt even know that there was a sub box under the seat. Very very clean...two thumbs up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.
Thanks, that was the whole goal. To keep everything out of site as much as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dupuis

10+ year member
You get what you put in
Dupuis
LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date