Finished Dual 10" Ported box PICS. Help me pick out subs

I'm referring to boxes with the ports in the middle only...when they're off to one side then it's only a port width away from the back.

100_1969.jpg

hrmmm well hopefully it doesnt cause horrible port noise or anything...been trying to google it but cant find out the reasoning behind this...heres my cat

wqsv9g.jpg

not a bad job on the actual construction.

but like the others said. that is not the correct port width for the start of the vent per chamber.

this is what i would do.

the port is 13" high. so on each side take 4 blocks of 3/4" mdf PER SIDE. that are 6.5" tall by the width of the pieces already there then glue and screw. that would make the two port beginings the correct width.

next time it should look like this.

100_2219.jpg

not a bad job on the actual construction.
but like the others said. that is not the correct port width for the start of the vent per chamber.

this is what i would do.

the port is 13" high. so on each side take 4 blocks of 3/4" mdf PER SIDE. that are 6.5" tall by the width of the pieces already there then glue and screw. that would make the two port beginings the correct width.

next time it should look like this.

100_2219.jpg
ah very interesting!

so a few quick questions

the black is just spray paint??

so 4 blocks of 6.5"x width of the piece already in there, should i glue them together prior to screwing into my box? i think ill be able to manage this..will be a hassle but im sure its worth it.

and how do you make angled cuts like the ones you use in the corners for the ?corner supports?

ah very interesting!
so a few quick questions

the black is just spray paint??

so 4 blocks of 6.5"x width of the piece already in there, should i glue them together prior to screwing into my box? i think ill be able to manage this..will be a hassle but im sure its worth it.

and how do you make angled cuts like the ones you use in the corners for the ?corner supports?
in order of assembly.

1-8.png

2-7.png

3-3.png

4-4.png

and the 45's were cut with a table saw. although some circular caws have the same capability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.