Finding Beautiful Music...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LGhost

Chi
I'm looking for someone to help me set my head unit. Lets start with my specs, I have a 92 Cadillac Deville. I just bought Bravox 2-way CS 50D component speakers along with some new 6/9 rear speakers wired to a 4 channel amp. I also bought 2 15'' Rockford Fosgate Punch P2 subwoofers on a Kenwood 1800 watt amp. Head unit is Pioneer DEH-P400UB. Everything was bought at a local shop, Audio Dynamics LLC formerly known as ShowOff Car Audio.

I don't know too much about car audio so I went with their recommendations for amp and speaker compatibility. I also allowed them to set my amps. He told me I had plenty of gain left for my subs but my battery was only giving 12v so I need to replace it first (lamp melted the top). I hope that is what is causing my amp to shut off after so many minutes as he said I had plenty gain left.

I like a lot of bass but they have to be in harmony with my highs/mids. When it comes to the highs/mids, I dunno, lol... I really like hearing the instruments in songs and prefer them to stick out more than the words but not to distort the words. I know Bose makes crap as well as quality, my friend has an 01 DTS, I like how bose sets their sound up (at least in that car).

My head-unit has a sound-retrieve option that supposedly regains lost sound from mp3. I think that was just marketing. Here is the rest of the audio adjustments:

FADER/BALANCE (balance adjustment)—

PRESET EQUALIZER (graphic equalizer recall)

--EQ SETTING 1 (graphic equalizer adjustment)—

--EQ SETTING 2 (graphic equalizer fine adjustment)—

LOUDNESS (loudness)—

SW SETTING 1 (subwoofer on/off setting)—

SW SETTING 2 (subwoofer setting)—

HIGH PASS FILTER (high pass filter)—

BASS BOOST (bass boost)—SRC LV ADJUST (source level adjustment)

Here is the Pioneer Owner's Manual. Scroll down to page 24 to see the options for setting it. Thanks people

The problem is, your headunit has extremely limited tuning capabilities. All you can really do with it is set the crossover point between your speakers and sub, adjust three set EQ points, and turn loudness on/off.

You're going to either have to get a new headunit with better processing capabilities or get some external processors to be able to really "fine-tune" your system.

Okay, fair enough. Is there a specific processor I would be looking for? Why do you mention some external processors, why would I need more than one? Also, if you could, provide be with some recommendations and maybe an article explaining how to use them and understand them, remember I'm a noob but like learning through experience... Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.