Finally got a taramps. Disappointed in low bass frequencies.

Windy Lows

AKA Baltic Thunder
So I saved up and got a taramps md 1800.1 I upgraded from a infinity kappa k1000. I immediately noticed that the lower bass frequencies (35 and below) seems significantly quieter on the taramps compared to the infinity. Overall the taramps is definitely louder, but I really only like low frequencies. Do certain amps have a better lower frequencies than others? If so, what are the best amps for low frequencies around 2000 rms?

My hpf is all the way down as low as it goes. 80hz. It's literally night and day compared to the infinity amp
thats not right dude you have the high pass too damn high if your high pass is 80hz its literally cutting off every frequency under 80 hz thats why you get zero lows.

There's high pass filter thats 10 to 80hz put that at 10.
There's low pass filter, put that at 80.

thats not right dude you have the high pass too damn high if your high pass is 80hz its literally cutting off every frequency under 80 hz thats why you get zero lows.

There's high pass filter thats 10 to 80hz put that at 10.
There's low pass filter, put that at 80.

That's what I meant. The subsonic is at 10 hz and the other one is 80hz. Basically high pass and low pass are both turned all the way to the left. The low notes are there, they just don't sound no where near as loud as they did on the infinity amp. So are there any amps that produce lower frequencies better than others? Or perhaps my amp is bad?

Last edited:
Putting a full range(high/band pass crossover) amp in the place of a mono block will yield results that definitely vary if comparing against the two. These crossover points for your new amp have slopes :
Frequency Response at Full Range: 10Hz to 20KHz (-3dB)
Crossover High Pass (HPF) Variable: 10Hz to 80Hz (-12dB)
Crossover Low Pass (LPF): Variable: 80 Hz to Full (-12dB)
Bass Boost: 0 to 10.5dB (50Hz)

Last edited:
Putting a full range(high/band pass crossover) amp in the place of a mono block will yield results that definitely vary if comparing against the two. These crossover points for your new amp have slopes :
Frequency Response at Full Range: 10Hz to 20KHz (-3dB)
Crossover High Pass (HPF) Variable: 10Hz to 80Hz (-12dB)
Crossover Low Pass (LPF): Variable: 80 Hz to Full (-12dB)
Bass Boost: 0 to 10.5dB (50Hz)
It's a full range amplifier. It's frequency response is 10hz-20khz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.