Finally going big! Ready to start rebuilding again.

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
Gotta hate the bass bug right? Lol! I haven't even had the Hannibal hooked up a week and I'm ready for more bass. Got a design in the works for a C pillar wall in the Jeep for 6 DC level 3 12s or possibly 4 15s but I'm leaning to the 6 12s. On a taramps 8k. Thing is I need the wall to he non permanent and not ruin the car :/

It is very rare to find loud c-pillars. There is a guy on here, his name eludes me right now, and he does around 158 c-pillar. But in general, good nonwall boxes are as loud as cpillars. You retain your rearview vision, and if you get into competing, you can stay out of mod classes.

I guess imo, there are just wayyy too many ppl now days doing 55+ in non wall boxes

What kind of jeep, and what are your goals?

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but to properly do a wall, sealed with proper electrical for that power...it's not going to be easily removed...it will be a part of the car. Otherwise, build a proper box - still gonna be a pain to remove give the size/strength you'll require for that power and sub config.

If you're going big, think permanent.

It is very rare to find loud c-pillars. There is a guy on here, his name eludes me right now, and he does around 158 c-pillar. But in general, good nonwall boxes are as loud as cpillars. You retain your rearview vision, and if you get into competing, you can stay out of mod classes.
I guess imo, there are just wayyy too many ppl now days doing 55+ in non wall boxes

98 grand Cherokee. Goals are in the 150s don't know much about competing but I want to compete in music classes. But this will be a daily driven build

You might be able to do 4 15s or 6 12s nonwall, which would be mid 50s easy
I can do 6 12s non wall but not the 4 15s just with the front to back space in order to have enough space between the port and hatch I don't think. Will the level three be strong enough or do I need bigger

Guess my 158.6db bpillar wall ain't loud.

But to the OP In a jeep and a cpillar your not going to have a lot of room. More like 4 12s or two 15s.

That's what I was thinking. I can do 6 and still fit sub up port back with a little jury rigging I could fit 8
Less is more in this situation. Less woofers in a big box will be better then more woofers in a smaller box. Space makes bass.and honestly the only DC Woofer I'd run is that new XL elite. I've used lvl 3 and lvl4 and was not impressed... my buddy has three lvl 5 15s on a D.C. 7.5k and it's ok, my other buddy has three zv5 15s in 7.5k and it will murder you.

Less is more in this situation. Less woofers in a big box will be better then more woofers in a smaller box. Space makes bass.
I could still fit a properly sized box with 8 but I definitely get that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I may do a bit of an oversized box with 6 instead of to spec with 8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.