FINAL PRICE $100 Cerwin Vega Stroker 15" D2 (Special Edition)

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
Item(s) for Sale:

Cerwin Vega Stroker 15" Special Edition D2 (very rare)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Scrapes on basket from mounting screws, surround repairs, slightly saggy suspension. Gets hella loud and sounds great doing it! Will take 1k daily without breaking a sweat. I have been told it takes over 3k daily to blow the coils.

Price:

$100+Shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Buyer pays shipping. My car has developed a rod knock (big surprise...just my luck), hence the big price drop

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

DSC04369.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

It says so on the magnet lol. Like Bassin said, it's rare to find a pre-millenium sub that can be wired down to 1ohm.
No shiiat bob!!! Lol I seen it on the magnet just wanted to know "why"... Figured it was due to the ohms/coils. All I remember seeing was single 4ohm strokers back in the day.. Lol

No shiiat bob!!! Lol I seen it on the magnet just wanted to know "why"... Figured it was due to the ohms/coils. All I remember seeing was single 4ohm strokers back in the day.. Lol
Yeah there were a lot of 2ohm stable amps back in the day. Not many subs were engineered to handle the amount of power that the 1ohm stable amps could dole out back then. This sub was an exception, thus they made the d2 model.

Yeah there were a lot of 2ohm stable amps back in the day. Not many subs were engineered to handle the amount of power that the 1ohm stable amps could dole out back then. This sub was an exception, thus they made the d2 model.
This statement is false Dylan, They started making lower impedance/multiple coil config subs so that folks could achieve a lower impedance without having to install multiple sub woofers to get a lower impedance. Has nothing to do with power handling the SVC could handle just as much power as the d2 2ohm.

Also there was plenty of 1 ohm stable amplifiers back in the 90's, Orion, Soundstream, MTX, Sony just to name a few.

This statement is false Dylan, They started making lower impedance/multiple coil config subs so that folks could achieve a lower impedance without having to install multiple sub woofers to get a lower impedance. Has nothing to do with power handling the SVC could handle just as much power as the d2 2ohm.
Also there was plenty of 1 ohm stable amplifiers back in the 90's, Orion, Soundstream, MTX, Sony just to name a few.
Nonono what I meant is that there weren't many subs back then that could handle over 1500. You are correct, the SVC can handle the same as the DVC. I just meant that back then, people brought out the potential of high current amps with many subs (subsequently, high combined power handling) as opposed to a couple subs that could meet 1/2 ohm and handle the power at that impedance.

Is it mine yet?? Dammit I'm like a kid in a candy store and the jackpot of lollipops is being held over my head. Lol
Mpowered is coming over on Tuesday and buying the box with it. If that falls through, it's yours. Plus, you'll have the full amount of cash by then.

True bout the subs and amps back in the day... But who didn't like 4 or 6 subs on one small low ohm amp??!? Lol. Still remember my first "good" system, had a mtx terminator on 6 cheap 10's! Think they were mtx's too..?

Year or so later I upgraded to a mtx 225sho and wow!! Lol

daaaammnnnn I love old days! Lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.